If you have lost your Sharp Android TV remote or the remote is not working properly, you might consider using the TV remote app. With the help of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi, you can now control the TV using the TV remote apps. Although there is no separate remote app available for Sharp Android TV, you can use other apps to control your TV. We would recommend the Android TV Remote Service. It is a versatile app that can be used to replace your Sharp Android TV Remote and control the Android TV.
Table of Contents
Features of Android TV Remote Service
- It has a D-Pad mode which you can use to easily move between apps, channels, and more.
- It has functions like mute, home, back, increase or decrease volume, and more.
- You can use the Google Assistant button to control your Android TV.
- It also has a touchpad that can be used for easy navigation.
How to Install Android TV Remote Service on Your Device
1. Launch your Android/iOS device and open the Play Store / App Store.
2. Select the Search bar and enter Android TV Remove Service (iPhone – Android TV).
3. Choose the app from the search results and install it on your device.
4. Once the installation is done, launch the app.
How to Setup Android TV Remote App with Sharp TV
1. Connect the Android TV and Android TV Remote service app installed device to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Launch the app and if the app asks for permissions, select Allow.
3. The Android TV Remote service app will automatically search for nearby devices. It will display your Android TV under the Available devices section.
4. Select your Android TV and you will see a 6-digit code appearing on the screen.
5. Enter the code that you see on the Android TV and select Pair.
6. Once the pairing is successful, you can control the Android TV with the smartphone.
How to Use Android TV Remote Service
1. You can use the touchpad for easy navigation on your Sharp Android TV.
2. You can also use the volume increase or decrease button to control the volume of your TV.
3. It has a Mute button to mute the volume, a Back button to get back to the previous screen, and a Home button to return to the home screen.
4. With the help of the Google Assistant button, you can use the voice command to search for anything on your Android TV.
5. To get the D-pad control screen, click on the three vertical dots button on the top right side of the screen. and select D-pad control.
6. Select the Keyboard icon. You will go to the search menu with a direct input screen, which is very useful while searching.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, there is no Sharp TV remote control app available on Android. But you can use other Android TV remote control apps to control your TV.
1. Check whether both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Re-pair your Remote control app with your Android TV.
3. Uninstall and reinstall the app on your device.