We have a lot of different options when it comes to entertainment. With an Android TV Box, you can have access to the best entertainment services. If you are looking for a user-friendly device, then you can go ahead and choose an Android TV or Android TV Box. After getting your Android TV, you need to set it up.
Set Up Android TV / Android TV Box
- Wire Connections
- On-Screen Settings
Step 1: Wire Connection
1. Unbox the kit and take necessary things like wires.
2. Next, connect an HDMI cable to the HDMI port of your Android TV Box.
3. Connect the other end of the HDMI cable to your TV.
4. Then, connect the power cable to the Android TV Box.
5. Take the remote and insert the batteries.
6. Next, turn on your Android TV Box by pressing the remote’s power button or the one on the TV’s panel.
7. Choose the correct HDMI input source.
8. Now, you will get the Android TV Welcome screen.
9. The remote will automatically be paired with the TV. If not, tap and hold the Back & Home button to pair it to the TV.
Step 2: On-Screen Settings
1. With the help of the navigation wheel on your remote, choose your language.
2. When you first start a few models of Android TV, you get an automatic setup process.
3. If you see an automatic setup process, click on Settings > Language > Select the language.
4. Next, select your wireless network after ensuring that you are in the range of the wireless network.
5. If you don’t see an automatic setup process, click on Settings > Network > WiFi > Your wireless network.
6. Type in the password of the wireless network.
7. If your Android TV has an available update, it will be downloaded and installed automatically.
8. If your Android TV doesn’t update automatically, launch the Settings < About < System Update/Update.
9. Click on Use your password and type in your Google account password.
10. Alternatively, click on Use your phone or laptop and enter the code in the webpage https://g.co/AndroidTV.
Step 3: Usage
1. With all the steps completed, you land on the Android TV home screen.
2. The home screen shows recommendations for you and your apps in rows.
3. You can find and install apps on your device from the Google Play Store.
4. Enjoy using your Android TV to its best.
5. After the set up, you can control your Android TV with your Android or iOS devices with ease.
After setting up the TV, you can install and sideload apps on Android TV to watch your favorite video content. You can find a lot of cool apps like Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon Prime in the Google Play Store for your Android TV.
You can set up all brands of Android TVs like, TCL, Panasonic, JVC, Philips, Sony, and Sharp Smart TV.
Check out our detailed guide on how to connect Android TV to WiFi.