If you are a fan of streaming live sports, then you should try the RTS TV platform to feed your cravings. To get the app, you must sideload the RTS TV apk on your Android TV, as it isn’t officially available on the Google Play Store. On the other hand, you can stream it through screen mirroring if you want to avoid sideloading.
RTS TV is a completely free platform offering lots of sports events across the world. You can stream all major sports like cricket and football. However, Its media library also has typical media content from countries such as India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh.
Follow this curated guide to get the complete instructions for sideloading and screen mirroring the RTS TV app on Android TV.
How to Sideload RTS TV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the RTS TV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Downloading link for the latest version of RTS TV APK: bit.ly/3QFglus
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your sports content.
How to Cast RTS TV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the RTS TV APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the RTS TV APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the RTS TV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
RTS TV Alternatives
If you feel that RTS TV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free platforms to stream sports content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to RTS TV.
Yes. But, direct installation is not possible as RTS TV doesn’t have its application on the Play Store. Instead, you need to sideload it using Downloader.
RTS TV isn’t safe to use, as it streams the copyrighted content of the channels. There are chances that the APK can be taken down anytime and might lead to legal issues.