Watch the best of Irish entertainment on your Android TV by installing the RTE Player. The application allows you to stream content from various genres like sports, entertainment, news, current affairs, and local and international dramas. If you are an Android TV user, you can download the app directly from the Google Play Store on your TV. Since it is a geo-restricted streaming service, you cannot access RTE Player from outside Ireland. By signing into your account, your can sync the watching history across multiple devices. It also feeds personalized recommendation videos based on your watch history.
How to Install RTE Player on Android TV From Google Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter RTE Player in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select RTE Player from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. Log in to your account and watch the Irish movie or TV show you want.
How to Sideload RTE Player on Android TV From Outside Ireland
If you can’t find RTE Player in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of RTE Player APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the [app] APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the Ireland server.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Cast RTE Player to Your Smart TV
The RTE Player is compatible with built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the RTE Player from your smartphone to your TV.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open RTE Player on your smartphone and log in to your account.
4. Click the Cast icon that you can find in the top right corner of the RTE Player.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Yes, RTE Player is available for Android TV.
Yes, RTE Player is an authorized app from Play Store. So, you don’t have to worry about safety concerns while using the app on your Android TV.