Watch the best of Irish entertainment on your Android TV by installing the RTE Player. If you are an Android TV user, you can download the app directly from the Google Play Store on your TV. Since it is a geo-restricted streaming service, you should use a VPN on your TV to access RTE Player from outside Ireland. Also, you can sideload it
The application allows you to stream content from various genres like sports, entertainment, news, current affairs, and local and international dramas. By signing into your account, you can sync the watching history across multiple devices. It also feeds personalized recommendation videos based on your watch history.
This comprehensive guide provides an in-depth look at the instructions for installing, sideloading, and screen mirroring methods with the aim of streaming RTÉ Player on Android TV. Also, it covers some common solutions for the not working issue of RTE Player and the app’s alternatives.
Table of Contents
How to Install RTE Player on Android TV From Google Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter RTE Player in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select RTE Player from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. Log in to your account and watch the Irish movie or TV show you want.
How to Sideload RTE Player on Android TV From Outside Ireland
If you can’t find RTE Player in the Play Store in your country other than the US, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now. go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of RTE PlayerAPK: bit.ly/3Mx50tZ
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the Ireland server.
17. Then, click Open to launch the RTE Player app and watch your desired media content.
How to Cast RTE Player to Your Smart TV
If you aren’t interested in installing/sideloading the RTE Player APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open RTE Player on your smartphone and log in to your account.
4. Click the Cast icon that you can find in the top right corner of the RTE Player.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
RTE Player Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the RTE Player app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for RTE Player accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
RTE Player Alternatives
If you feel that RTE Player isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free platforms to stream premium content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to RTE Player.
Yes, RTE Player is available for Android TV.
Yes, RTE Player is an authorized app from the Play Store. So, you don’t have to worry about safety concerns while using the app on your Android TV.