Listening to Podcasts is more associated with the music streaming app. You can also play the Podcast through RSS Player. This app can stream Podcasts and media files based on the RSS 2.0 feed. The RSS Player app is available for Android TV and you can install it directly from the Play Store. Besides that, you can also sideload or screen mirror its app to stream it on TV.
You can check out the step-by-step guide for the installation of RSS Player on your Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Install RSS Player on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter RSS Player in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select RSS Player from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. When the home screen appears, play your favorite content.
How to Sideload RSS Player on Android TV
If you can’t find the RSS Player app on the Play Store of Android TV, then you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of RSS Player APK: bit.ly/41XLw8B
13. Tap Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After downloading, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the application and watch your desired video content.
How to Cast RSS Player on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the RSS Player APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the RSS Player app on your Android smartphone.
3. Launch the app and log in with your credentials if needed.
4. Play the video content on the RSS Player app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
How to Fix RSS Player Not Working on Android TV
Since we’ve installed the RSS Player app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for RSS Player accumulated on your Smart TV.
- If there is a new version available for RSS Player, uninstall the current one and sideload the latest version.
- Update your Android TV firmware.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems, then set up your Smart TV to install the app again.
If you have the RSS Player app on your TV, you can download and listen to podcasts.
Most apps stream podcasts under their subscription tier. Still, we have a lot of options with free podcasts. For instance, you can download podcasts and listen to them with RSS Player.