Do you want an M3U-based IPTV player? If yes, you should try using the Room IPTV player. When it comes to installing this player on Android TV, you might get disappointed as there is no app available for Room IPTV on the Play Store. Instead, you need to sideload Room IPTV APK or screen mirror the app to get this IPTV player on TV.
With this player app, you can stream IPTV’s media content through the M3U Playlist. Most importantly, Room IPTV is a premium media player and you should pay 3.5 € for its one-time activation. Since it is a premium platform, you can explore some amazing features like ad-free streaming, support for audio tracks & subtitle formats, parental control, and more.
In this section, we’ve come up with step-by-step guidelines to sideload and screen mirror the Room IPTV app to stream it on Android TV. Also, scroll down your eyeballs at the bottom of the article to learn some troubleshooting fixes if the app fails to load and work properly.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Room IPTV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Room IPTV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions the app asks on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Room IPTV APK latest version: bit.ly/3GyZgMU
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and stream your desired media content.
How to Activate Room IPTV on Android TV
1. Launch the Room IPTV app on your Android TV.
2. Open the browser on your smartphone or PC and visit the activation website of Room IPTV.
3. Hit the button named Activation with payment card (20% discount).
4. Accept the Terms & Conditions and tap on the Next button.
5. Enter the MAC ADDRESS and select the subscription type.
6. Complete the payment to finish the activation process.
9. Finally, relaunch the app on your TV and stream your favorite IPTV channels.
How to Cast Room IPTV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Room IPTV apk, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support available on this provider, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Sideload the Room IPTV APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the Room IPTV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Room IPTV Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the Room IPTV app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Room IPTV accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
Room IPTV Alternatives
If you feel that Room IPTV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other IPTV players to stream your IPTV content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Room IPTV.
Yes. It is possible to install Room IPTV on Android TV. But, you can’t install it directly as there is no app available on Play Store for this player. Instead, you need to sideload it using Downloader or ES File Explorer on Android TV.
Since it is a player, Room IPTV is completely safe to use. However, if you add any illegal playlist URL to this player, then it may cause you legal trouble.