If you are in search of a minimalistic player to stream IPTV content on your Android TV, you have reached the right place. Rocket IPTV is such a free media player that can easily handle multiple playlist files to load and stream IPTV content. Even though Android TV lets you use this IPTV player, there is no straightforward way to install it since Play Store doesn’t include Rocket IPTV APK in its app library.
However, you can stream it on Android TV by sideloading the apk file from unknown sources or screen mirroring the app from your smartphone. Before getting into the app, you should know that this IPTV player doesn’t offer any media content. Instead, it is just a player that streams the playlist file that you provide.
In this section, we’ve come up with step-by-step guidelines to sideload and screen mirror the Rocket IPTV app to stream it on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Rocket IPTV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Rocket IPTV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions the app asks on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Rocket IPTV APK latest version: bitly.ws/36Gkk
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and stream your desired media content.
How to Cast Rocket IPTV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Rocket IPTV apk, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support available on this provider, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Sideload the Rocket IPTV APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the Rocket IPTV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Rocket IPTV Alternatives
If you feel that Rocket IPTV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other IPTV players to stream your favorite content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Rocket IPTV.
Yes. It is possible to install Rocket IPTV on Android TV. But, you can’t install it directly as there is no app available on Play Store for this player. Instead, you need to sideload it using Downloader or any other tools.
Since it is a player, Rocket IPTV is completely safe to use. However, if you add any illegal playlist URL to this player, then it may cause you legal trouble.