In the RedBox TV app, you can watch more than 1000 live TV channels and on-demand content. The live TV channels in the RedBox TV cover 15+ countries and categories like Sports, Entertainment, News, Music, Kids, and Education. The RedBox TV app is not available on the Play Store. To install the RedBox TV app on your Android TV, you have to sideload its APK file.
How to Install RedBox TV APK on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and select Apps from the home screen.
2. Navigate to Play Store and click on the Search bar.
3. Search for the Downloader app.
4. Select the Downloader app from the search results.
5. Click on Install to install the app on Android TV.
6. Press the Home button on your Android TV remote to return to the home screen.
7. Go to Settings and click on Device Preferences.
8. Click on Security & Restrictions and select Unknown sources.
9. Choose the Downloader app and turn on the toggle. So that your Android TV will allow the installation of apps from unknown sources.
10. Now, open the Downloader app and download the AFTVnews Plugin using the URL (browser.aftvnews.com). Without the plugin, you can’t install APK files on Android TV.
11. Then, enter the RedBox TV Android TV APK link.
12. Select Go to download the APK file.
13. Click on the Install button and get the RedBox TV on your Android TV.
14. Once the installation is over, open the RedBox TV.
How to Stream RedBox TV on Android TV
1. Launch the RedBox TV app on Android TV. If you can’t find the RedBox TV app, install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV to access sideloaded apps on your TV.
2. On the home screen, select the category or country to find the channel you want to stream.
3. Click on the Search icon on the top right side of the screen and enter the channel or movie name you want to stream.
4. Select the Settings icon to change the built-in default players to external players, subtitle language, and more.
5. Choose a channel you want and stream it on your Android TV.
6. If you want to use external video players, click the Options button and choose the player you want.
7. Click on the Menu bar on the top left side of the screen to get the home screen.
8. Click on Favorites, and you will see all your favorite movies & TV shows.
9. Tap the Settings icon to modify the app’s settings.
Features of RedBox TV
- With the RedBox TV, you can integrate external media players like MX Player and VLC Media Player on Android TV.
- All the available content can be streamed in HD and SD qualities.
- It has movies and TV shows from 20 different countries and regions around the world.
- For each media content, you can find subtitles in 10+ languages like English, Arabic, German, Turkish, and more.
- The app supports even older versions like Android 2.0
Why You Need a VPN for RedBox TV
Unlike Netflix, Prime Video, or Disney+, RedBox TV is not a legal app to download. You have to sideload it from an unknown source. Streaming content via these apps is considered illegal in most countries. Hence, it is advisable to use a VPN on Android TV while streaming on RedBox TV. It will protect your privacy by hiding your real IP address with a fake one. It also helps in accessing the media content that is restricted in your country.
Though the RedBox TV offers a lot of video content, it does miss some local content. If you want to stream those local content, you need to look for some of the RedBox TV alternatives.
CatMouse is the best free streaming app to get all the local channels. In the app, you can choose a location from the list and get all the local content. To get the CatMouse app on Android TV, you have to sideload the app using Downloader.
With the CyberFlix app on Android TV, you can stream both international and local TV channels. Apart from that, you can get to watch more than 10,000 movies and TV series. The CyberFlix app is not available on the Play Store, you have to sideload the app on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Mecool Android TV Box
- Mi Box
- AT&T Box
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the RedBox TV app is not available for Samsung Smart TVs.