RedBox TV APK offers live TV and on-demand content from popular countries worldwide. The application has well categorization of content, like Science, Sports, Kids, Religion, and more. You can stream the content from RedBox TV with the support of external media players. Since it is a third-party application, you can’t install the app from the Google Play Store. You can install RedBox TV APK on your Android TV using a third-party installer like Downloader. To keep your privacy more secure while streaming, we suggest you use a reliable VPN on your Android TV.
How to Sideload RedBox TV APK on Android TV
The RedBox TV APK is yet to be available for Android TV. To use the Redbox TV, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of RedBox TV APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Redbox TV APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Cast RedBox TV APK on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app, you can screen mirror the RedBox TV from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Next, sideload the RedBox TV APK on your Android smartphone.
3. Launch the app and play the video content.
4. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
5. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
How to Stream RedBox TV APK on Android TV
1. Launch the RedBox TV app on Android TV. If you can’t find the RedBox TV app, install the Sideload Launcher on Android TV to access sideloaded apps on your TV.
2. On the home screen, select the category or country to find the channel you want to stream.
3. Click on the Search icon on the top right side of the screen and enter the channel or movie name you want to stream.
4. Select the Settings icon to change the built-in default players to external players, subtitle language, and more.
5. Choose a channel you want and stream it on your Android TV.
6. If you want to use external video players, click the Options button and choose the player you want.
7. Click on the Menu bar on the top left side of the screen to get the home screen.
8. Click on Favorites, and you will see all your favorite movies & TV shows.
9. Tap the Settings icon to modify the app’s settings.
Features of RedBox TV
- With the RedBox TV, you can integrate external media players like MX Player and VLC Media Player on Android TV.
- All the available content can be streamed in HD and SD qualities.
- You can stream ad-free content on RedBox TV.
- It has movies and TV shows from 20 different countries and regions around the world.
- For each media content, you can find subtitles in 10+ languages like English, Arabic, German, Turkish, and more.
- The app supports even older versions like Android 2.0.
Why You Need a VPN for RedBox TV
Unlike Netflix, Prime Video, or Disney+, RedBox TV is not a legal app to download. You have to sideload it from an unknown source. Streaming content via these apps is considered illegal in most countries. Hence, it is advisable to use powerful VPNs like NordVPN or ExpressVPN while streaming on RedBox TV. It will protect your privacy by hiding your real IP address with a fake one. It also helps in accessing the media content that is restricted in your country.
How to Fix RedBox TV APK Not Working on Android TV
At times, the RedBox TV stops working on Android TV due to various reasons. But you can still fix it by following the troubleshooting methods by yourselves.
1. Check the internet connection if you can’t stream the content on the app.
2. Restart the app if it works slowly on your TV.
4. Check whether your smartphone and Android TV are connected to the same WiFi if you can’t mirror the content.
5. Reinstall the app from Downloader, when you can’t load the content or app.
6. Reboot your Android TV to fix minor issues.
RedBox TV Alternatives
Though the RedBox TV offers a lot of video content, it does miss some local content. If you want to stream those local content, you need to look for some of the RedBox TV alternatives.
MediaBox HD APK is a cross-compatible device that offers free on-demand content to users. You can install MediaBox HD APK on your Android TV and stream the content in nearly 25+ language subtitles. You can also even use an external media player like VLC to play the MediaBox HD content.
CatMouse is the best free streaming app to get all the local channels. In the app, you can choose a location from the list and get all the local content. To get the CatMouse app on Android TV, you have to sideload the app using Downloader.
Oreo TV APK
Oreo TV APK is one of the best alternatives to RedBox TV, as you can watch the content on high quality up to 4K. The APK comes with a built-in dark mode, which lets you use the app conveniently during the night. The advantage of Oreo TV APK is that it doesn’t interrupt the stream with ads.
With the CyberFlix app on Android TV, you can stream both international and local TV channels. Apart from that, you can get to watch more than 10,000 movies and TV series. The CyberFlix app is not available on the Play Store, you have to sideload the app on your Android TV. Similarly, you can also get GLWiZ Apk on Android TV to watch Turkish, Persian, and Afghan content.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Frequently Asked Questions
No, the RedBox TV app is not available for Samsung Smart TVs.
Unfortunately, no. You can’t be able to install RedBox TV app on the Xbox console.