Red IPTV is the optimal player that allows the user to stream live TV, VOD, series, and movies from their favorite IPTV provider. It supports both Xtream Codes and M3U8 formats to stream the content. However, you can’t install it officially since the Play Store of Android TV doesn’t include this player in its app library. But you can sideload the application from third-party sources. If you are not interested in sideloading, then you can try out the cast method using your Smartphone.
In this guide, we’ve explained step-by-step guidelines to sideload and screen mirror the Red IPTV app to stream it on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Red IPTV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Red IPTV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions the app asks on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Red IPTV APK latest version: https://urlsrt.io/Red-IPTV
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and stream your desired media content.
How to Cast Red IPTV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Red IPTV app, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support available on this provider, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Sideload the Red IPTV APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the Red IPTV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
How to Fix Red IPTV Not Working on Android TV
Since we’ve installed the Red IPTV app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- If there is a new version available for Red IPTV, uninstall the current one and sideload the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for Red IPTV accumulated on your Smart TV.
- Update your Android TV firmware.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems, then set up your Smart TV to install the app again.
Red IPTV Alternatives
If you feel that Red IPTV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream the IPTV content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Red IPTV.
No, Red IPTV is not available in the Play Store. But you can sideload this app using the Downloader app.
As it is a media player, Red IPTV is completely safe to use. However, you should be aware of the legitimacy of the IPTV provider you choose.