Rec TV would be the ideal pick to stream movies, web series, and more for free. Further, streaming Rec TV on Android TV will give a jaw-dropping experience. To stream Rec TV on any Android TV, you should sideload its APK version as there is no app available for Rec TV on the Play Store. On the other hand, those who are uncomfortable with sideloading can try the screen mirroring method to stream the Rec TV app on their TV.
By getting Rec TV, its large catalog of various VOD content and diverse collection of live TV channels will be available for absolutely free. The best thing about the app is that you can stream all your favorite content in 4K video resolution and some other decent streaming qualities like 360p, 480p, 720p, and 1080p. Moreover, it doesn’t require a subscription or login registration.
Follow this curated guide to get the complete instructions for sideloading and screen mirroring the Rec TV app on Android TV.
How to Sideload Rec TV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Rec TV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Downloading link for the latest version of Rec TV APK: bit.ly/472CQiT
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your Rec content.
How to Cast Rec TV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Rec TV APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the Rec TV APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the Rec TV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Rec TV Alternatives
If you feel that Rec TV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free platforms to stream media content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Rec TV.
Yes. But, direct installation is not possible as Rec TV doesn’t have its application on the Play Store. Instead, you need to sideload it using Downloader.
As of now, there are almost 1000 live TV channels across the world available in the media library of Rec TV.