You have reached the right place if you are in search of the optimal player to stream IPTV content on your Android TV. Rayo IPTV is the free streaming player that handles M3U, M3U8, and XSPF files efficiently. Although Rayo IPTV can be accessed on Android TV, you can’t install it officially. Instead, you have to sideload Rayo IPTV APK or screen mirror the app in order to get it on TV.
Rayo IPTV player has built-in EPG support for XMLTV and JTV formats. Also, it offers a recording feature for offline streaming, on-screen instructions for easy access, and an intuitive interface for smooth navigation.
In this section, we’ve come up with step-by-step guidelines to sideload and screen mirror the Rayo IPTV app to stream it on Android TV. Also, take your eyeballs at the bottom of the article to find some troubleshooting fixes if the app fails to load and work properly.
How to Sideload Rayo IPTV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Rayo IPTV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions the app asks on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Rayo IPTV APK latest version: bit.ly/462i4PP
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and stream your desired media content.
How to Cast Rayo IPTV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Rayo IPTV apk, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support available on this provider, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Sideload the Rayo IPTV APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the Rayo IPTV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Rayo IPTV Alternatives
If you feel that Rayo IPTV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other IPTV providers to stream your favorite content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Rayo IPTV.
Yes. It is possible to install Rayo IPTV on Android TV. But, you can’t install it directly as there is no app available on Play Store for this player. Instead, you need to sideload it using Downloader or ES File Explorer on Android TV.
Since it is a player, Rayo IPTV is completely safe to use. However, if you add any illegal playlist URL to this player, then it may cause you legal trouble.