For the last two months, we’ve been using Quasar IPTV player on our Android TV to stream IPTV content. It easily handles Xtream Codes and M3U files with utmost efficiency. Now, you may wonder how could we install this player on our TV while the Play Store doesn’t offer this app in its library. Simple! we have used two methods, such as sideloading & screen mirroring to stream Quasar IPTV on the TV.
Before getting into this player, you should know that Quasar IPTV doesn’t provide videos or any other multimedia content to watch. It allows you to stream if you have valid IPTV login credentials. Also, you need Android version 6.0 or later to use this player without any interruptions.
In this section, we’ve come up with step-by-step guidelines to sideload and screen mirror the Quasar IPTV app to stream it on Android TV. Also, take your eyeballs at the bottom of the article to find some troubleshooting fixes if the app fails to load and work properly.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Quasar IPTV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Quasar IPTV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions the app asks on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of Quasar IPTV APK latest version: bit.ly/3RbXyWD
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and stream your desired media content.
How to Cast Quasar IPTV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Quasar IPTV apk, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support available on this provider, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Sideload the Quasar IPTV APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the Quasar IPTV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Quasar IPTV Alternatives
If you feel that Quasar IPTV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other IPTV players to stream your favorite content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Quasar IPTV.
Yes. It is possible to install Quasar IPTV on Android TV. But, you can’t install it directly as there is no app available on Play Store for this player. Instead, you need to sideload it using Downloader or ES File Explorer on Android TV.
Since it is a player, Quasar IPTV is completely safe to use. However, if you add any illegal playlist URL to this player, then it may cause you legal trouble.