|Music & Audio
Qobuz is a much-loved French music streaming platform where you can listen to over 100 million tracks. Unfortunately, Android TV users can’t get this platform directly from the Play Store as it is not available there. Instead, Qobuz can be accessed through a web browser or you can get the app via the sideloading method.
To get a premium experience, you have to pay any of its subscription plans, and the base price costs $12.99/month with a 1-month free trial. The methods we’re going to discuss in this article will help you get Qobuz and listen to its music library on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Qobuz APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the Qobuz app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of Qobuz APK: bit.ly/48EtPxk
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and listen to your desired playlists and tracks.
How to Stream Qobuz on Android TV Using Browser
Qobuz has a dedicated webpage with an extensive media library of numerous musical tracks and podcasts. You can access the Qobuz website using any of the best browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Visit the official webpage of Qobuz through the browser.
3. The home screen of the website will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Log In button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite musical tracks on your Android TV.
Alternate Way: Screen Mirror Qobuz on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Qobuz APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Install the Qobuz app on your Android smartphone through the Play Store.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the Qobuz on your smartphone and log in with your account if needed.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon from the app
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, the media content you stream on the smartphone will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Nvidia Shield TV Pro
How to Fix Not Working Issues of Qobuz on Android TV
Since we’ve installed the Qobuz app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you must perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- If there is a new version available for Qobuz, uninstall the current one and sideload the latest version.
- Close and relaunch the Qobuz application on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware.
- Clear the app cache files for the Qobuz app.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems and then setup your Smart TV to install the app again.
If you feel that Qobuz isn’t for you or are unsatisfied with its service, you can switch to some other platform to listen to your favorite music. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Qobuz.
Qobuz app doesn’t have support for the Android TV platform. Therefore, you need to cast its mobile version or sideload the Android version.
Qobuz lets you download music on the free tier as well. However, you need to be subscribed to stream the high-quality music files. You will get a free 30-day trial on your subscription to test out the feature.