Qobuz is a much-loved French music streaming platform founded in 2007. On top of being a music streaming platform, Qobuz is a downloading music service. The app has extended its service to Austria, Belgium, Ireland, Italy, France, Germany, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Switzerland, the UK, and the USA. When it comes to quality, Qobuz supports MP3 songs at 320 kbps and high resolution lossless up to 24 bit/192kHz. Qobuz can be accessed on your Android TV by following the methods given in the below section.
Once you download music with Qobuz, you can have them permanently on your devices. For downloading music, you don’t need any subscription. However, you will get discounts on music purchases if you have a subscription. Along with high-quality music, you can enjoy interviews, playlists, and more articles. However, there are no radio stations or podcasts in its library.
Qobuz has two different subscription tiers, which come with a free 30-day trial.
Studio Premier plan
- It costs $12.99 per month or $129.99 per year.
- You will get a 192kHz, 24-bit FLAC streaming for the music available.
Studio Sublime Plan
- It costs you $15 per month or $179 per year
- Additionally, get discounts on your purchase of music.
Qobuz on Android TV
Qobuz needs to be sideloaded on your Android TV from a trusted third-party site as an unknown app. Let’s find out more ways to access Qobuz in the section below.
How to Access Qobuz on Android TV
Qobuz doesn’t have a native app on the Android TV platform. So, you need to download it from an unknown source. It can be categorized under the following three steps.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Downloading Qobuz Using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
Downloader is an official app on the Android TV that you can find in the Google Play Store. It helps you install all the third-party apps on your TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader by AFTV news on the search bar.
3. Click on the Downloader app icon from the app suggestions and tap the Install button.
4. Further, wait for a few minutes till the app installs on your TV.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
After installing the Downloader app, you need to make the following alterations.
1. Start by opening the Settings of your Android TV.
2. Click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. From the menu, choose the Unknown Sources option.
4. Lastly, select the Downloader option and enable the setting by sliding the toggle next to it.
Installing Qobuz using Downloader
Now, we have the Downloader app all set to install third-party apps. Let’s add the Qobuz app and then start streaming the same.
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. When a prompt appears, click on the Allow option.
3. Type in the Qobuz Android TV URL in the required section of the Downloader app.
4. To download the Qobuz APK, click the GO option.
5. Start installing the Qobuz APK on your TV and wait till it completes.
6. When the download completes, launch the Qobuz app.
Alternative Method: Cast Qobuz to Android TV
Qobuz app on your iOS and Android devices supports the casting feature. If you want, you can cast it on your TV.
1. Initially, you need to connect your Android TV and your casting device to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Launch the Qobuz app and click on the Cast icon.
4. Pick up your Android TV from the list of devices that appears on your screen.
5. This will start streaming the content from the app on your TV.
6. In the end, you can start streaming the app on your TV.
Alternate Music Streaming Services
If you want to add officially supported music services on your Android TV, try out the following services
Other Supported Devices
Anyone with the following devices can access the Qobuz app easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is Qobuz on Android TV?
Qobuz app doesn’t have support for the Android TV platform. Therefore, you need to cast its mobile version or sideload the Android version.
2. How to get Qobuz on my Smart TV?
Qobuz doesn’t have a Smart TV app and you need to sideload it on your device.
3. Is Qobuz free?
Qobuz lets you download music on the free tier as well. However, you need to be subscribed to stream the music. You will get a free 30-day trial on your subscription to test out the feature.