Puffin Browser is one of the best compatible browsers for all devices including Android TV. You can install the Puffin TV Browser on your Android TV from the Google Play Store. Similar to the free trial, the Puffin TV Browser offers a free evaluation period to new users, where they can explore the browser’s premium features for free for a limited period of one hour every day. To surf and browse the internet unlimited, you can subscribe to the premium membership plans that are available at an affordable price.
Table of Contents
How to Get Puffin Browser on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Puffin Browser in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Puffin Browser from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app and browse the internet.
How to Sideload Puffin Browser on Android TV
If you can’t download the Puffin Browser, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app on your TV.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of the Puffin Browser APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Puffin Browser APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
Puffin TV Browser: Features & Highlights
- Simple and neat User Interface.
- You can control the browser using the Puffin TV Remote.
- Experience faster loading speeds.
- The browser has multiple playback speeds and controls.
- Lets you visit the desired website without lags.
- Comes with Puffin Chatbot where you can reach out to the Puffin Browser using Facebook Messenger.
How Much Puffin Browser Cost
Puffin Browser offers two premium subscription plans to users.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Mecool Android TV Box
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
You can install the Puffin Browser for free. To browse and perform other activities, you must purchase a premium plan. But still, it offers a free evaluation period, where you can use the Puffin browser for free for an hour each day.
Yes, the Puffin TV-Browser is safe to use on your Smart TV.
Yes, you can install Puffin Browser Premium APK on your TV by sideloading using Downloader.