There are many VPNs available online for Android TV. If you are looking for the best VPN for your Android TV that offers numerous features, then we suggest you go with Proton VPN. Since it is a Swiss-based VPN company, your privacy will be safe and secured. Proton VPN is one of the most trusted VPNs available in the market. By using this VPN, you can get a safe and secured experience on your Android TV.
Features of Proton VPN
- You can use the Proton VPN for free.
- They follow a strict No-log Policy. This means that your data will not be shared with other third-party sources.
- Provides high security and privacy.
- You can stream the contents from any international platform, like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, anywhere in the world without any restrictions.
- It supports all platforms such as Windows, macOS, Chromebook, Android, Android TV, iOS, and Linux.
You need an account to use Proton VPN for free. The sign-up is free. But under the free plan, you have certain limitations. You can use the Proton VPN Plus plan, where you can enjoy unlimited features. The subscription for the Proton VPN Plus plan comes under three different pricing. You can choose
- Monthly plan at $9.99.
- Yearly plan at $71.88.
- Two Year plan at $119.76.
Proton VPN on Android TV
With a Proton VPN subscription, you can watch content from more than 50 countries around the world. If you are using a free plan, then you can select and watch content only from 3 countries. But before using it, you need to create an account. If you have a VPN plus plan, you can stream content from popular online streaming sites such as Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and more.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Mi Box 4K
- MXQ Pro 4K
- DIRECTV STREAM
How to Install Proton VPN on Android TV
You can install Proton VPN on your Android TV by two different methods.
- From Play Store
- Using Downloader
Installing Proton VPN From Play Store
1. On the home screen of your Android TV, click on Apps.
2. Go to Play Store and search for the Proton VPN.
3. Select the Proton VPN application.
4. Tap the Install button to get the Proton VPN.
5. Once the installation process is over, open the VPN.
6. You will get the activation code.
7. Now, go to the Proton VPN activation website (https://protonvpn.com/tv).
8. Log in to your account and enter the code which is displayed on your Android TV.
9. When the code is verified, you can use the Proton VPN on your Android TV.
How to Install Proton VPN using Downloader
Make sure that you have the latest version of the Downloader app on your Android TV.
1. Go to the Settings menu on your Android TV.
2. Under General Settings, choose Device Preferences.
3. Choose the Security & restrictions option.
4. Tap the Unknown sources option.
5. On the list, turn on the Downloader toggle.
6. Now, go to Apps and open the Downloader app.
7. Enter the Proton VPN Android TV APK download URL and click on GO.
8. The Proton VPN APK file will be downloaded on your Android TV.
9. Tap the Install button.
10. Then, open the Proton VPN and complete the activation process.
How to Use Proton VPN on Android TV
1. By using your TV remote, you can navigate and select the countries.
2. After selecting the country, you need to choose the server accessible from the selected country.
3. Tap the Connect button to connect to the chosen server.
4. Tick the Favorite box to add the country as your favorite.
5. To unlink from the connected country, click on Disconnect
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, ProtonVPN has its own app for Android TVs in the Google Play Store.
Yes, Proton VPN servers allow access to Netflix from anywhere in the world.