Amazon Prime Video is an over-the-top streaming platform and a rental service where you can stream movies, TV shows, documentaries, and more. You can also stream channels like Discovery+, Lionsgate Play, ErosNow, MUBI, and more. It has thousands of titles across various genres and languages. It costs about $14.99 per month and $139 per year. Recently there have been a lot of complaints saying that Prime Video is not working on Samsung Smart TV. To resolve these issues, you can try the troubleshooting methods we have mentioned in this article.
Methods to Fix Prime Video Not Working on Samsung TV
- Check Your Internet Connection
- Restart Your Router
- Update the Prime Video App
- Update Samsung Smart TV
- Check if Prime Video Servers Are Down
- Clear Cache on The Prime Video app
- Uninstall and Reinstall The Prime Video App
- Activate Your Device
- Cold Boot Your Samsung TV
- Turn Off Your VPN
- Check If There Are Any Active Downloads
- Check Your Location
- Reset Smart Hub
1. Check Your Internet Connection
If your internet connection is slow, it can cause the Prime Video app to not work on Samsung TV. Prime Video requires at least 1Mbps to stream SD content and 5Mbps to stream HD content. The reason your internet connection is slow might be due to low signal strength or many devices connected to the same WiFi network. So, bring your device close to the router or disconnect devices other than your Smart TV from the WiFi network to solve the problems.
2. Restart Your Router
If you have tried the aforementioned approach and your internet speed is still slow, your router may be the cause. Restarting the router can fix the problem.
1. First, unplug the power cable of your router from the power outlet.
2. Then, wait for a few minutes and plug the power cable back into the outlet.
3. Now, check whether your Prime Video app is working or not.
3. Update the Prime Video App
If your Prime Video app is outdated, you will encounter problems like the Prime Video app not being compatible with Samsung TV, the app not working properly, and more. So, update your app whenever there is a new update.
1. Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and press the Home button on your TV remote.
2. Select Apps and navigate to the Settings icon.
3. Click on Updates and from the list of available apps, select the Prime Video app.
4. Tap Update to update the app and once the update is done, check if the app is working or not.
4. Update Samsung Smart TV
You need to make sure that your Samsung TV is up to date when streaming Prime Video. If the TV is not up to date, then it might cause the app to not work properly. Update your Samsung TV to the latest version and check whether the app is working or not.
1. On the Samsung TV home screen, click on Settings and select Support.
2. Select Software Update and tap on Update Now to update your Samsung TV.
Note: You can also use the Auto-Update feature to update your Samsung TV. Select Settings > Support > Software Update > Auto Update.
5. Check if Prime Video Servers Are Down
The reason your Prime Video app is not working might be due to its servers being down. If the servers in your region are down, then you can’t stream content using the Prime Video app until the servers are working. It takes from a few hours to a few days to repair the servers depending on the issue. So, check whether Prime Videos servers are down by going to the official website or through a third-party site called DownDetector.
6. Clear Cache on Amazon Prime Video
When the cache stored on your app gets corrupted, the Prime Video app won’t function properly on your Samsung TV. You need to clear the cache stored on your app to solve the problem.
1. Turn on your Samsung TV and on the home screen select Settings.
2. Select Apps and click on System Apps.
3. Choose your Prime Video app from the list of available apps.
4. Click on Clear Cache and select OK to clear the cache on your app.
7. Uninstall and Reinstall The Prime Video App
If clearing the cache on the Prime Video app doesn’t solve the problem, then you can try uninstalling and reinstalling the app to fix the Prime Video app not working on Samsung Smart TV.
Uninstall the App.
1. Go to the Apps section on the home screen.
2. Click on Settings and from the list of apps search for Prime Video.
3. Select the app and click on Uninstall to uninstall the app from your TV.
Reinstall the App
4. Go back to the Apps section and enter Prime Video on the search bar.
5. Choose the app from the search results and select Install.
6. Once the installation is done, open the app and check whether the app is working or not.
8. Activate Your Device
The reason the Prime Video app is not working might be due to your Amazon account. If there are many devices logged in with the same account, it can cause some problems. To solve this issue, you need to unregister some devices along with the Smart TV and reregister the Smart TV.
1. Launch the Prime Video app and select Settings.
2. Select Account Settings and choose the devices you want to unregister.
3. Once you finish unregistering the devices, reregister your Smart TV from any device using the Amazon website.
9. Cold Boot Your Samsung TV
By booting your Samsung TV, you can solve issues like glitches, picture freeze, crashing, and more. You can boot your Samsung TV using two methods and they are:
1. Boot Using Remote Control
1. Press and hold the Power button on your remote.
2. Wait until you see the TV turn off and on again and release the button.
2. Boot Using Power Source
1. Unplug the Smart TV power cable from the power source.
2. Wait for 30 seconds and plug the power cable back into the power source.
3. Turn on your TV and see if the app is working or not.
10. Turn Off Your VPN
The reason your Prime Video app is not working properly could be due to VPN. If you use a VPN on your TV while watching Prime Video, the app will not work since Amazon will flag your location as suspicious. So, disable VPN on Samsung TV and check if the app is working or not.
11. Check If There Are Any Active Downloads
As you already know, Prime Video requires a good internet speed to stream the content without any buffering or other issues. If there are any active downloads, then most of the internet speed will be taken over to download the files, and you will only get slow internet speed when trying to stream content on Prime Video. So, either halt the downloading process or wait until the download is over to stream the content.
12. Check Your Location
If there are any discrepancies between the location you are in and the location of the Smart TV, then Prime Video will not work. You need to have the same location for both of them for it to work. Check your current location by selecting Settings > Location on your Smart TV and see if the location matches the actual one. If not, make the location common for both your TV and the actual location. Now, check whether the app is working or not.
13. Reset Smart Hub
In case all the above methods fail to solve Prime Video not working on Samsung TV, then as a last-ditch effort, you can try resetting your Smart Hub. By resettings your Smart Hub, you will erase all the account details and saved settings. It does not delete any apps.
1. Switch on your Samsung Smart TV and select Settings.
2. Click on Support and select Self Diagnosis
3. Select Reset Smart Hub and type the 4-digit PIN that you have set up. Enter 0000 if you have not set any PIN.
Related Troubleshooting Articles
- How to Fix Hulu Not Working on Samsung TV
- How to Solve Netflix Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Fix HBO Max Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
- How to Fix Paramount Plus Not Working on Samsung Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
The reason your Prime Video app is not working on Samsung TV is due to the app being outdated, insufficient space, cache issues, outdated firmware, and server issues.
Yes, Prime Video works well on Samsung Smart TV and other Android TVs.