Amazon Prime Video, simply called Prime Video, is one of the most used platforms to watch movies and TV shows. The Prime Video subscription cost is around $8.99 per month and $54 per year. With all these benefits, it will be a little sad when your Amazon Prime Video app is not working on your Android TV. If you are facing any difficulty with the Amazon Prime Video on Android Smart TV, you must learn some steps to overcome the hindrance.
Why Amazon Prime Video is Not Working on Android TV
Amazon Prime Video and other apps installed on our Android TV will not work as it is intended when it faces some software and network glitches. To prevent this, you can take some troubleshooting steps in hand and jump over the problems faced while using the Amazon Prime Video app on your Android TV.
- Check for Suspension
- Check the Internet
- Amazon Prime Video Server Status
- Check Date & Time
- Disable the VPN
- Check Subscription & Billing Status
- Clear Cache
- Restart Prime Video App
- Update Amazon Prime Video App
- Error Codes on Amazon Prime Video
- Unable to play the Video
- Prime Video not loading
- Check HDMI Cable
- Uninstall and Reinstall Amazon Prime Video App
- Restart Android TV
- Try Amazon Prime Video on a Different Device
- Customer Support
Check for Suspension
Amazon can suspend your account for various reasons. One of the reasons is that you might have violated the terms and conditions of Amazon Prime Video. The suspension can also happen if they think that your account is weak enough to get hacked or if your profile activity might not be as nice as they think.
If your Amazon Prime account is suspended, you will receive a mail indicating the suspension to your registered mail ID. Your Amazon Prime account may be suspended maximum of 17 days. If the Amazon team suspends your account by mistake, you can send a mail on asking them to unban your account. There is also a possibility of banning your account if you return the purchased products too many times. You can also request the Amazon team to unban your account with the necessary proofs and documents.
Check the Internet
The apps on your Android TV may not work sometimes due to poor network connection. It is advised always to use the Amazon Prive Video app on a good network connection. The recommended network speed for Amazon Prime Video is 1 Mbps for SD content and 5 Mbps for HD content. Make sure that your Android TV is getting enough internet from the router.
Amazon Prime Video Server Status
At times, the Prime Video server may not be working properly. It is one of the most quoted problems faced by Amazon Prime Video users. You can check the server status of the Amazon Prime Video app through a website Downdetector. If the Downdetector shows problems regarding your Amazon Prime Video server, you need to wait until the issue is resolved.
Check Date & Time
The Amazon Prime Video app will also not work on Android TV when the time is not properly set on your TV. To change the time,
1. Click on the home button on your Android TV remote.
2. From the home screen, go to Settings.
3. Then select the Device & Preference >> Date & Time.
4. Set the correct date and time to fix the issue.
Mostly, VPNs are used to have a secure internet connection. But, by using VPN, you can stream video content on Amazon Prime Video that is not available in your region. Sometimes, the Prime Video app will detect a video connection and stop you from streaming any video content. Disconnect the VPN connections on your Android TV to fix the issue.
Check Subscription & Billing Status
You can’t access the unsubscribed content on your Amazon Prime Video account. You can only view that after subscribing to any of the Prime Video plans. So, it is advised to check the subscription and billing status on your Amazon Prime Account.
1. Go to the Amazon Prime Video webpage and click on your profile icon.
2. Click on Account & Settings option.
3. You might be asked to sign in to your Amazon account.
4. After signing in, look at the Amazon Prime Membership section.
5. Verify whether your subscription is valid or not.
If you are using the Android TV for a while, there are chances that will be a lot of cache files stored on your TV. These temporary cache files will affect the performance of your Android TV. So, you have to clear the cache files frequently. If the Amazon Prime Video app has too many cache files, you will get the error code 9353. To fix the error code, you have to clear the cache files on the Amazon Prime Video app.
1. Go to the Settings page on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Apps section and select the Amazon Prime Video app.
3. Select Clear Cache and tap OK to confirm it.
Force Stop Amazon Prime Video
If the Amazon Prime Video app is not responding to your commands, you can force stop the app. This will close the app and clear all the login data.
1. Open the Settings on your Android TV.
2. Then, search for the Amazon Prime Video app and click on it.
3. Select Force Stop.
4. After a few minutes, open the Amazon Prime Video app and log in with your account.
Update Amazon Prime Video app
If you still have the issue, you can try updating the Prime Video app on your Android TV. To do so,
1. Open the Google Play Store app on your Android TV.
2. Search for Amazon Prime Video and click on Update.
3. Open the updated version of the Prime Video app and stream your favorite content.
Reinstall Amazon Prime Video app
You can also uninstall the existing Prime Video app and reinstall the app again on your Android TV.
1. From your Android TV home screen, go to Apps and select Play Store.
2. Search for the Amazon Prime Video app.
3. Select the Amazon Prime Video app and tap the Uninstall button.
4. Then, click on the Install button to get Amazon Prime Video app on your Android TV.
Prime Video Not Loading
When your Amazon Prime Video app is not loading the video content, you can disconnect the WiFi network on your Android TV. Keep your TV idle for a while and connect Android TV to the WiFi connection. Then, open the Prime Video app and see if it is working or not.
Error Codes on Amazon Prime Video
At times, you will get different error codes on the Prime Video app. There are a few sets of error codes that denote different issues.
- Playback Renderer Error – This is the type of error that occurs when playing the content on a 4K streaming device. Try changing the video quality to fix the issue.
- Error Code 3565 – This error occurs when the user is trying to buy or rent a movie on Amazon Prime Video. Change the payment method and try again.
- Error Code 9345– When you make an invalid payment., you will get this error code. Make sure that you have enough funds and your bank server is working properly.
- Error Code 1060 – This error occurs when your TV has a poor internet connection. Check your internet connection and try again.
- Error Code 5004 – Error 5004 occurs when you are trying to sign in to the Amazon Prime Video account. You may have entered the incorrect login details. Check your credentials and sign in again.
- Error Code 7031 – This error code occurs when we are trying to playback the content which we already watched. Try deleting your watch history and stream the video content.
Restart Android TV
When the Amazon Prime Video app is not working on your Android TV, you can restart the TV. Restarting the Android TV may fix the issue.
1. Go to the Settings and choose Device & Software.
2. Then, click on Restart.
3. Wait for some time until it gets restarted.
4. After the restart, open the Amazon Prime Video app and check if it is working or not.
Update Android TV
The updates on Android TV will be released frequently. Make sure that your Android TV is updated to its latest firmware to avoid minor issues. To update Android TV,
1. Go to the Settings option on your Android TV.
2. Select the Device Preferences menu.
3. Choose the About option.
4. Click the Update button to check for the updates.
5. If an update is available, tap on the Install button to get the new update.
Try Prime Video on Different Devices
Amazon Prime Video can be streamed on multiple devices. You can stream Amazon Prime video simultaneously on three different devices. Try accessing the Amazon Prime Video on different devices like smartphones and PCs. If you have the same on other devices, you have to wait until the issues are resolved.
If none of the above steps solve your issue, you can directly contact Amazon Prime Video Customer Support or contact Android TV support to fix the not working issue on your Android TV. If you are contacting Android TV support, you can search for the relevant solutions from the search box on the screen.
It may be due to the poor internet connection. Check your internet speed and try again.
You can download the Prime Video app on your Android TV from the Google Play Store.