Potplayer is one of the popular video players for Windows PCs. As with the recent update, the Potplayer is available as an APK file for Android devices. With that, you can sideload the Potplayer app on your Android TV. It supports the most popular video formats like AVI, 3GP, M4V, MOV, MP4, WMV, and MKV. On installing this app, you will get additional features like swipe controls for volume, audio rotation support, and aspect-ratio adjustment. You can also take screenshots on Android TV while playing videos on the Potplayer app.
How to Sideload Potplayer on Android TV
1. Open the Google Play Store on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
3. Select the Downloader app.
4. Hit the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
5. Open the Settings page on your Android TV.
6. Choose Device Preferences and choose Security & Restrictions.
7. Select Unknown Sources and turn on the Downloader app’s toggle.
8. Now, open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
9. Enter browser.aftvnews.com in the search box to install the AFTVnews plugin to download the APK files easily.
10. Then, type the Potplayer Android TV APK URL in the search box and click on Go.
11. Tap the Install button to get the Potplayer app on your TV.
12. Now, open the Potplayer app and play all your favorite videos instantly.
How to Cast Potplayer to Android TV
1. Install the Potplayer app on your smartphone.
3. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi connection.
4. Open the PotPlayer app and play any video.
5. Click on the Cast icon.
6. When your smartphone shows the list of active devices, choose the name of your Android TV.
7. Within a few seconds, the video you are playing on the app will display on Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV Box
- NVIDIA Shield TV Box
- Mecool Android TV Box
- Mi Box
The best video player will differ based on the user’s requirements. Check our guide on the best video players for Android TV to get a basic understanding.