Popcornflix is an on-demand video streaming service that offers media content for free without any subscription. On the app, you can watch popular movies, TV series, original content, and more. You can stream unlimited content from the app. Further, it lets you search for the content by title, genre, actor, etc. The user interface of the app is very intuitive and easy to use. Popcornflix is available on various platforms. Unfortunately, it is not available on Android TV. So, let’s look at the alternative ways to watch Popcornflix on Android TV.
Popcornflix supports kids mode, so you can enable the option to let your kids watch only the kids-oriented programs. You can download movies and TV series to watch without an internet connection. It lets you stream the media content with subtitles to understand the content better. You can bookmark shows and movies to stream them conveniently later.
Popcornflix on Android TV
Popcornflix isn’t available on Android TVs. So, you can sideload the app on Android TV. Downloader is the best app to install third-party apps on Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Direct Stream
- Mi Box
How to Install Popcornflix on Android TV
Popcornflix doesn’t have native support for Android TV. So, install the Downloader app and sideload the Popcornflix apk file on the TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and go to the home screen.
2. From the home screen, open Google Play Store and tap the Search icon.
3. Search for the Downloader and pick the app from the search results.
4. Next, click Install to install Downloader on Android TV.
5. Wait for a few minutes for the app to get installed.
Now, you have to enable unknown source access for Android TV because we are going to install a third-party file on the TV.
6. Go to Settings on your Android TV and choose Device Preferences.
7. Tap the Security & Restrictions option.
8. Under that, choose the Unknown Sources option.
9. Select the Downloader app and flip the toggle to turn on unknown source access.
Sideload Popcornflix on Android TV Using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Follow the prompts on your screen and tap the Allow option.
3. Now, provide the Popcornflix Android TV apk URL in the http:// field.
4. After entering, tap the Go button.
5. When the file gets downloaded, click Install to get the app
6. After the installation, tap Open to launch the app.
How to Cast Popcornflix to Android TV
1. Start your Android TV and connect to the same WiFi as your Android smartphone.
3. Launch the Popcornflix app on your smartphone.
4. Now, tap the Cast icon on the top-right corner.
5. From the list of available devices, choose your Android TV name.
6. Finally, play any content from the Popcornflix app, and it will play on your Android TV.
Other Supported Devices
- Android Phones and Tablets
- Fire Tablets
- Firestick/Fire TV
- Chromecast with Google TV
Frequently Asked Questions
Popcornflix is 100% legal to access. It doesn’t ask you for any subscription to stream the content.
The Popcornflix app is ad-supported. It generates money from the ads which play while streaming the content.