|Official Link To Download
|Google Play Store
Popcornflix is an on-demand video streaming service that offers media content for free without any subscription. With the app, you can watch popular movies, TV series, original content, and more with a premium streaming quality. Further, it lets you search for the content by title, genre, actor, etc. The user interface of the app is very intuitive and easy to use. You can download the Popcornflix app directly from the Google Play Store on your smartphone and Android Smart TV. From this article, you will learn the various methods to stream Popcornflix on your Android Smart TV.
Table of Contents
How to Install Popcornflix on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Popcornflix in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Popcornflix from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app and stream your desired content.
How to Sideload Popcornflix APK on Android TV
If you can’t find Popcornflix in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to sideload its APK file using the Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to a standard WiFi connection.
2. On the home screen, tap the Apps section to launch the Google Play Store.
3. Search for “Downloader for TV” and select the app that comes with the following logo.
4. On the application information page, hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to install the app on your device.
6. Once the app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to More Settings → Security.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the toggle for the “Downloader for TV” app.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the “Downloader for TV” app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of Popcornflix APK: https://urlsrt.io/popcornflix-apk
13. Click Download to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, click Install from the popup.
15. After the downloading process, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, click Open to launch the Popcornflix app and watch your desired media content.
How to Watch Popcornflix Using a Browser
Popcornflix has a dedicated webpage that includes an extensive media library of numerous movies/shows/series. As the simplest way, you can access the Popcornflix platform on your TV through its web version. For that, you have to use any of the best web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (https://www.popcornflix.com) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast Popcornflix on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Popcornflix APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support available on this provider, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Install the app from the Play Store on your Android smartphone.
3. Launch the app and log in with your credentials if needed.
4. Play the video content on the Popcornflix app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
How to Fix Popcornflix Not Working on Android TV
If the Popcornflix app is not working properly on your Android TV due to the issues 1,2, and 3, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Reboot your TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Popcornflix accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
- As a last solution, contact Popcornflix’s customer support to get help.
If you feel that Popcornflix isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream the content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Popcornflix.
Popcornflix is 100% legal to access. It doesn’t ask you for any subscription to stream the content.