Podcast Addict is one of the favorite podcast apps for Android users. The app bags multiple features, such as auto-download, sync, notifications, customizations, live radio, and more. Though Podcast Addict has a native app for Android smartphones and tablets, it doesn’t have a stand-alone app for Android TV. In this scenario, the only possible way to access Podcast Addict on your Android TV is by sideloading the APK file using Downloader.
In this way, you can listen to your favorite podcast on your Android TV for free. If you are unsatisfied with popular podcast platforms, such as Audible and TuneIn Radio for Android TV, you can try Podcast Addict. If you are a newbie, follow the below setup guide to get started.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Podcast Addict APK on Android TV
The Podcast Addict app is unavailable for Android TV. To use Podcast Addict, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of PodcAsts APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Podcasts APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Listen to Podcast Addict Using Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access Podcast Addict.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://podcastaddict.com/] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of the Podcast Addict will appear on the TV screen.
4. You can access your favorite podcast on your Android TV.
How to Cast Podcast Addict APK on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app or access the website, you can screen mirror the Podcast Addict app from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Sideload the APK on your Android smartphone.
3. Play the audio content on the app.
4. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
5. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
No. The Podcast Addict app is unavailable for Sony and other Android TV models. However, you can still get the app by sideloading the APK file.
Yes. The Podcast Addict mobile app supports the Chromecast feature.