If you want to watch free live TV channels on your Android TV, Pluto TV is the best option for you. With Pluto TV, you will get more than 250+ live TV channels for free. Apart from live TV channels, you will get thousands of movies and TV shows. Since Pluto TV is a free app, you will get ads while streaming videos. Similar to Netflix on Android TV, Pluto TV is officially available on the Google Play Store.
The streaming quality in the app includes both SD and HD. Pluto TV offers content in genres like Comedy, Entertainment, Kids, Latino, Movies, Music, Sports, and Tech.
Pluto TV on Android TV
In Pluto TV, you don’t have to follow any sign-in or activation process. You can straight away install the Pluto TV app and stream all the live TV channels.
Supported Android TVs
There are only a few models of Android TV that support Pluto TV. Here is a list of the supported models:
- Sony Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Pansonic Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Xiaomi Mi Box S
- AT&T TV Box
- Mecool Android TV Box
How to Install and Watch Pluto TV on Android TV
1. Press the Home button on your Android TV remote.
2. Click on the Apps option on the screen and choose the Google Play Store.
3. Click on the Search icon on your screen.
4. Use the on-screen keyboard to search for the Pluto TV app.
5. Choose the Pluto TV app from the search results.
6. Click on the Install button to get the Pluto TV app.
7. Launch the Pluto TV app once the download is complete.
8. Wait for the Pluto TV to launch completely.
9. Choose the channel that you want to watch on your TV.
How to Cast Pluto TV from Smartphone to TV
If you simply don’t want to install the Pluto TV app, you can cast the app on your Android TV. The latest version of the Pluto TV app comes with built-in Cast support.
1. Connect your Android TV and smartphone to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the Pluto TV app on your device from Play Store or App Store as required.
3. Open the Pluto TV app on your smartphone.
4. On the app home screen, click the Cast icon from the top of the screen.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Finally, enjoy your favorite show from the app and start streaming it on your TV.
How to Sideload Pluto TV on Android TV
Pluto TV is available only in four countries, namely, the United States, Canada, Latin America, and Europe. If you want to access Pluto TV in other countries, you have to sideload the app on your Android TV.
1. Go to the Play Store on your Android TV and search for the Downloader app.
2. Select the Downloader app and tap the Install button.
3. Then, search for the Sideload Launcher app from the Play Store.
4. Install the Sideload Launcher app on your Android TV.
5. Then, go to Settings on your Android TV.
6. Choose Device Preferences and select the Security & restrictions option.
7. Tap on the Install Unknown Apps option.
8. Scroll down to the Downloader app and enable the Install Unknown Apps toggle.
9. Now, open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
10. Go to the search bar and enter the AFTVnews Plugin URL (browser.aftvnews.com).
11. Install the AFTVnews Plugin to install apk files on your Android TV.
12. Then, enter the Pluto TV Android TV APK URL and click the Go button.
13. Download the Pluto TV APK file and install it on your TV.
14. Open the Pluto TV app and stream your favorite live TV channel for free.
Other Devices that Support Pluto TV
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Google Chromecast
- Android Smartphones
- Android tablets
- iOS devices
- PlayStation 4
- Xbox One
- Web browsers
- Samsung and LG Smart TVs
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, Pluto TV will work on Google TV without any issues. As Android TV and Google TV have the same app store, Google Play Store, you can install apps on both TVs.
If you can’t cast the Pluto TV app, check whether your Android TV and smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network. Make sure that you are using the latest version of the Pluto TV app on your smartphone.