Plex is one of the best media server applications that lets you watch your favorite content on your device from any time and anywhere. In addition to that, Plex offers live TV and on-demand content from popular networks, such as Lionsgate, MGM, Warner Brothers, Crackle, A24, and more. If you like to have Plex on your Android TV, you can install the app directly from the Play Store. Moreover, you can even screen mirror the app from your smartphone to TV via casting.
You can find the best and top TV programs on Plex, such as BBC Top Gear, Hannibal, Roadshow, Game Show Central, and more. To get unlimited entertainment, follow the setup guide below to get Plex on your Android TV.
How to Install Plex on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Plex in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Plex from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. When the home screen appears, play your favorite content. (skip this step if activation is needed)
How to Activate Plex on Android TV
1. Open the Plex app on your Android TV.
2. Click the Sign In button to get the activation code.
3. Now, go to Plex‘s activation website [https://www.plex.tv/link/] on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the code and click the Link button.
5. After that, sign in with the account to complete the activation.
6. Now, the Plex will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content.
How to Sideload Plex APK on Android TV
If you can’t find Plex in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Plex APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Plex APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Watch Plex Using Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access Plex.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://www.plex.tv/] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of the Plex will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign In button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast Plex on Android TV
The Plex is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Plex app from your smartphone to Android TV.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Plex on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app and play the video content that you want to mirror.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Plex Pricing & Plans
Plex offers three subscription plans to users. The platform doesn’t offer a free trial to users.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Yes. The Plex app is available for Sony Android TV and you can install the app directly from the Play Store.
Yes. The Plex app is free to use. However, to get advanced features, you must subscribe to the premium plans.