PlayView is a third-party streaming platform in which you can stream tons of movies and TV shows on any Android-based device, including Android Smart TV. As we indicated, it is a third-party illegal platform, so PlayView is unavailable on the Play Store of Android. To use this app, you need to sideload PlayView APK on your TV using the Downloader tool. If you aren’t willing to sideload the app, you can mirror on-device content from your smartphone to the TV.
It consists of different media content in Spanish and English languages with subtitles support. An integrated search engine and well-categorized media library make our streaming experience way better than other streaming services.
With step-by-step guidelines, we’ve explained the sideloading and screen mirroring methods of PlayView to stream it on TV. As a bonus, you can learn about the solutions for some generic issues of the app and its alternatives.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload PlayView APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the PlayView app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of PlayView APK latest version: bit.ly/44RwPnc
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the available movies, series, and TV shows on your TV.
How to Cast PlayView on Android TV
If you can’t find the cast icon on the PlayView app, then you need to use the screen mirroring feature of your Android smartphone to stream the app’s media content to your TV screen.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Sideload the PlayView APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the PlayView app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
PlayView Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
If the PlayView app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for PlayView accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that PlayView isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free platforms to stream the media content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to PlayView.
No, there is no app available for PlayView on Android TV. So, you can’t install it on your device.
Yes. Using the PlayView app is not a legal thing because of its unlicensed copyright content. So, make a safe environment to stream this app to avoid unwanted legal issues.