Do you want to download or record videos from Netflix, Hulu, and Disney+ on TV? PlayOn Cloud is the best DVR app for Android TV. The PlayOn Cloud app is compatible with all Android TV models running Android 6.0 or later. You can install this app from the Google Play Store for Android TV.
With the PlayOn Cloud app, you can automatically skip the commercials like other DVRs. This app also allows users to cast recordings to other Smart TV if it is connected to a Chromecast, Roku, Fire TV, or Apple TV. In addition, you can transfer the recorded videos from your Android TV to your smartphone for offline access.
How to Install PlayOn Cloud on Android TV from the Google Play Store
1. Connect your Android TV to WiFi once you have turned it on.
2. Click on Apps and select Google Play Store on the Android TV home screen.
3. Enter PlayON Cloud in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select PlayON Cloud from the results and tap the Install button.
5. Once it is installed, click Open to launch the app.
6. Login with your PlayOn Cloud registered credentials.
Pro Tip: If you haven’t created an account, click Start Your Free Trial to sign up.
7. Go to the Channels tab, click on the channel, and select a Movie or TV Show that you want to record.
8. Click the Record or Record All button to proceed.
9. Once downloads are completed, go to the Recordings tab to see the files.
How to Access PlayOn Cloud on Android TV from Website
1. Open the Puffin browser on Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (playon.tv) in the address bar and go to that webpage.
3. Tap Log In at the upper right corner of the screen.
4. Enter your email address and password. Click Log in with email.
5. Go to recordings and then watch the saved videos.
How to Sideload PlayOn Cloud on Android TV
If you can’t install PlayOn Cloud from the Google Play Store, you can use the sideloading method. You can use the Downloader app to sideload the APK which involves the following processes.
- Install Downloader on Android TV
- Enable Unknown Sources on Android TV
- Sideload PlayON Cloud APK via Downloader
How to Install Downloader on Android TV
1. Go to the home screen of Android TV, and click Apps → Google Play Store.
2. Search for Downloader and choose the app.
3. Click the Install button to get Downloader on Android TV.
After installing the app, go to TV settings to allow Downloader to install apps from an unknown source.
Enable Unknown Sources on Android TV
1. Click the Settings icon on the home screen and select Device Preferences.
2. Select Security & restrictions and click Unknown Sources.
3. Finally, Turn ON Downloader using a toggle switch.
How to Sideload PlayOn Cloud APK using Downloader
1. Open the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. If prompted, click Allow to accept the storage permissions.
3. Click the Home tab, and enter the PlayON Cloud APK download link in the text field.
4. Tap Go and download the APK file from the mentioned source.
5. Once the download is complete, open the file and click Install.
6. After the installation, click Done.
Now go to the home screen of Android TV and start using the PlayOn Cloud app.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- SunBriteTV Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Onn Android TV 4K
- Mi Box 4K
PlayOn Cloud Compatible Devices
- Amazon Fire TV
- iPhone & iPad
Frequently Asked Questions
The subscription for PlayOn Cloud varies depending on the storage you choose. It also includes a 7-day free trial.
100 GB – $4.99/mo (85 hours of 1080p video)
500 GB – $9.99/mo (425 hours of 1080p video)
1 TB – $16.99/mo (850 hours of 1080p video)
2 TB – $29.99/mo (1700 hours of 1080p video)
4 TB – $ 49.99/mo (3400 hours of 1080p video)
Yes, it is completely safe and legal to use on its supported device.
The PlayOn Cloud platform has Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, HBO, Disney+, The CW, Peacock, Discovery+, Pluto, Hulu, etc.