Picasso is an all-in-one streaming app to watch video collections from Netflix, Amazon Prime, and more for free. For Android TV users, there is no way to install it directly as Picasso is unavailable in the Play Store. Instead, you have to sideload the app on Android TV or use the casting method to get Picasso. Notably, there is no registration or subscription process required for this platform.
Using this guide, you will learn the simplest way to download and stream the Picasso app on your Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Picasso APK on Android TV
As mentioned earlier, the Picasso app is unavailable for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for Picasso APK latest version: bit.ly/4716nt1
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
How to Cast Picasso on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the Picasso APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Sideload the Picasso apk file on your Android smartphone.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
3. Open the Picasso on your smartphone and log in with your account if needed.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon from the app
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, the media content you stream on the smartphone will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Skyworth Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Mi Box S
Nvidia Shield TV
H96 Android TV Box
How to Fix Not Working Issues of Picasso on Android TV
Since we’ve installed the Picasso app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Picasso accumulated on your Smart TV.
- If there is a new version available for Picasso, uninstall the current one and sideload the latest version.
- Update your Android TV firmware.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems, then set up your Smart TV to install the app again.
If you feel that Picasso isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream the media content for free. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Picasso.
Yes, you can. But, the installation of Picasso on Android TV should be done with the help of the sideloading technique using Downloader or any other sideloading tool.
Yes. This streaming platform comes with a built-in PIP (Picture-in-Picture) mode to watch your favorite content in a small popup box while working another task on your device.