Are you concerned about security while getting online? Then, you need a VPN that will help you out. In that context, we shall make ourselves familiar with Private Internet Access or PIA. Private Internet Access is a very transparent VPN service. It is developed with maximum focus on privacy. PIA follows a strict no-log policy, and you can customize your privacy features based on your needs. With just a single subscription on PIA, you can simultaneously access it on ten devices. In the following section, let’s find out how to access PIA VPN on Android TV.
PIA has thousands of servers in around 78 different countries. Therefore, you have no limits or geographical restrictions for entertainment. It includes movies, shows, and TV series. On top of that, Private Internet Access blocks ads, malicious websites, and trackers. The settings on PIA VPN are flexible, and you have a kill switch in the app.
Private Internet Access has the best pricing tiers to choose from based on your requirements.
- You can access PIA on your device at $9.95 per month.
- If you subscribe to PIA for three months, you can get it at $5.99 per month.
- Also, you can get PIA at just $2.85 per month if you get an annual subscription.
PIA VPN on Android TV
PIA VPN has its app version on the Android TV platform that you can easily download. Let’s discuss more the same in the following section.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add PIA VPN on Android TV
1. Launch your Android TV and then connect it to the internet.
2. Click on the Apps tab and launch the Google Play Store.
3. Inside the Play Store, click on the Search icon.
4. On the search bar, type in PIA VPN and search for the same app.
5. Select the PIA VPN app from your search results.
6. Click on the Install button and start installing the app.
7. Wait for the installation to finish and launch the PIA VPN app.
8. On the login screen, type in your login credentials and sign in.
9. On the next screen, click on OK to grant permission to access the VPN configurations.
10. Once again, click on the OK button.
11. Click on the Connect button on the app’s main screen.
12. Choose the Current Region option below the Connect button and select a specific region.
13. Once the connection button turns green, you can start accessing the geo-restricted content.
How to Sideload PIA VPN on Android TV
If you can’t download the PIA VPN app on your Android TV, you can sideload the same from a trusted site. It involves the following three steps.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Downloading PIA VPN using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click the Search icon and search for the Downloader app.
3. Select the Downloader app icon from the results displayed on the TV screen and click on the Install button.
4. Wait for a few minutes until the Downloader app completes installing.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
1. Launch the Android TV Settings menu from its home screen.
2. From the menu, click on Security & Restrictions and then choose Unknown Sources.
3. Choose the Downloader app and slide the toggle to enable the feature.
Downloading PIA VPN on Android TV using Downloader
1. Open the new Downloader app and click on the Allow option once prompted.
2. Type in the URL for PIA Android TV VPN in the required field.
3. Click on the Go option and download the APK file for the same app.
4. Once the download is over, install the PIA VPN APK on your TV.
5. When the APK installation is completed, launch the PIA VPN app on your TV.
6. Complete the sign-up process to use the VPN service.
Other Supported Devices
If you have one of the following devices, you can access PIA VPN on it.
- Android smartphones
- Google Chrome
- Mozilla Firefox
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Can I use PIA on my Smart TV?
Yes. You can access the PIA subscription on your Smart TV as well.
2. Does PIA VPN work with Amazon Prime?
Yes. PIA VPN works with Amazon Prime and other services like Netflix, Hulu, HBO Go, and BBC iPlayer.
3. Is PIA a bad VPN?
PIA is more of an excellent VPN to subscribe to. You can access PIA VPN on up to 10 devices at once with a single subscription. In addition, Private Internet Access gives you access to many servers. On top of that, PIA is affordable, and you can get it also at $2.85 per month.