From making calls to controlling our smart TVs, we can do anything with our smartphones. There are a lot of remote apps available on the Play Store and App Store to control the smart TVs easily from your smartphone. Most popular TV brands introduced the remote app to control the TV from your smartphone. These apps are more helpful when the original remote is not working correctly or the remote is missing. Google has introduced an official remote app called the Android TV Remote service app to control all the Android TVs from your smartphone. If your Philips Android TV remote fails to work properly, you can use the Android TV remote service app to control your TV.
How to Use Philips Android TV Remote App
You can download the Android TV remote service application from Play Store on your smartphone. Let’s look at the steps.
1. First, download and install the Android TV Remote Service app on your smartphone from Play Store.
2. Make sure to connect your smartphone and Philips TV under the same network connection.
3. Launch the Android TV Remote Service app on your smartphone, and the interface of the app will look like the image given below.
4. Using the Android TV Remote Service app, you can do the following actions on your Philips Android TV.
- You can change the channels and control the volume on the TV.
- It lets you play/pause the content that is played on the TV.
- You can use the remote app to type texts, email addresses, and passwords.
- With this remote, you can play games on your Android TV.
- You can easily switch between D-pad and a touchpad to navigate content.
- Tap the Mic icon to start a voice search.
5. The Android TV Remote Service app can be used to control all the models on Android TV.
Apart from the Android TV Remote service app, various Android TV remote apps are available on the Play Store. The popular ones to control the Philips Android TV are,
- TV Remote for Philips
- Remote for Philips TV
- Universal Remote TV Smart for iOS
- Universal TV Remote Control for Android
- Philips TV Remote
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use the Android TV Remote Service app on your smartphone to control the TV when the Philips Android TV remote is not working.
No, you cannot use Philips TV remote app without WiFi.
You can install the Android TV Remote Service app on your smartphone to use it as a remote for Philips TV.