Peacock is one of the top streaming services owned by NBC Universal. It is currently available in the UK, Ireland, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, and Italy. Though the Peacock TV platform is available in lesser countries, the app has too many performance issues, especially with the Smart TV apps. IN the Vizio Smart TV, the Peacock TV app is not working properly when streaming the 4K video content. Along with that, there are quite a few minor issues with the Peacock app on Vizio Smart TV. Let’s see how to fix all the issues and stream video content on Peacock TV smoothly.
Why Peacock is Not Working on Vizio TV
There aren’t any specific reasons available in the Peacock platform or in the Vizio Support platform. If you experience any performance or buffering issues, you can try out common troubleshooting tips to fix the issue. In the support platform itself, there is no specific solution available.
Fix Peacock Not Working on Vizio Smart TV
- Check Internet Connections
- Compatibility Issues
- Check Servers
- Restart Peacock app
- Update Peacock app
- Reinstall Peacock app
- Peacock Error Codes
- Restart Vizio Smart TV
- Update Vizio Smart TV
- Reset Vizio Smart TV
- Contact Support
Check Internet Connections
If the internet connection is not stable, you will get the Peacock Error Code 21. Poor or unstable internet connection is one of the reasons that make Peacock buffer or stop working on Vizio TV. The recommended internet speed to stream Peacock TV is 3 Mbps minimum. For HD content, you should have 8 Mbps. Check your WiFi whether it is receiving the required amount of internet speed. If your internet connection is good, go to the next fix.
You can download and access the Peacock TV app on 2016 and later Vizio SmartCast models. Your Vizio Smart TV should have SmartCast 2.0 & above to download the Peacock TV app. Make sure that your Vizio TV falls under these specifications. If not, the Peacock TV won’t work properly on your TV.
Server issues are one of the most annoying ones. Because no matter what you do, you cannot solve this issue. You have to wait until the Peacock support solves this issue. If you check the performance of the Peacock service on a website like Downdetector. The webpage will show the current problem that the Peacock app is going through and also shows the outages reported in the last 24 hours. If the server is working fine, try the next fix.
As mentioned earlier, the Peacock app is available only in six countries. If you try to access the Peacock app in other countries, you will get a geo-restriction error. You can use VPNs on your TV to bypass the restriction. But, sometimes, the Peacock app or webpage will detect a VPN connection and won’t allow you to stream any video content. So, access the Peacock platform only in the available areas. These are the common fixes that you can try to fix the performance issues. If you still have issues with the Peacock TV, it is because of the app or the device. Let’s check if everything is fine in the app.
Restart Peacock App
Restarting is considered the basic troubleshooting step that is really helpful in solving the issue. It also refreshes the features and the customized settings of both the Peacock app and Vizio TV. You will get loading issues when the on-demand content is seen on Peacock TV. You are not the only person who is watching. There will be many peoples who are watching like you. In this case, you will get loading issues and you have to restart your Peacock TV. You can close the Peacock TV app on your Vizio TV and wait for some time. After a while, open the Peacock app and check whether it is working properly or not. If it is not working, you can try updating the Peacock app.
You still might be using the old version of the Peacock app. Updates for streaming apps will be released quite often. These updates will fix bugs and loopholes. If you are still using the old version, then it is time to upgrade to the new version of the Peacock TV.
1. On your Vizio remote, press the V button.
2. Then, select the Peacock TV app that you want to update.
3. Click on the Yellow button on your remote and click Update to update the Peacock app on Vizio TV.
If you cannot find the update button, there is another way. Simply uninstall the Peacock app on your Vizio TV and reinstall the app. If you are using the older version of Vizio TV, you can update your Vizio Smart TV to fix the issue.
1. On your Vizio TV, go to Settings and choose System.
2. Click on Check for Updates.
3. If there is a new update, a confirmation message will appear. Click on Yes to update the Vizio Smart TV.
4. After updating the Vizio TV, open the Peacock TV and check if the error is resolved or not. If not, you can try specific error code solutions.
Peacock Error Codes
Often we use to receive an error message on the Peacock app, which is the most annoying one. There are different types of error messages that we come across while using the Peacock app on Vizio smart TV and all these errors come for different reasons.
- Peacock Error Code CVF – Error code CVF is one of the most common error codes in the Peacock app. This error occurs when you are trying to sign in to your Peacock account or when you try to access the account information of your Peacock app. Mostly, an unstable internet connection may cause this issue. Ensure that you have a stable internet connection.
- Peacock Error Code 1 – Error code 1 will also occur if you have a poor internet connection. To solve this, check whether you have a proper internet connection with a good internet speed.
- Peacock Error Code 6007 – You will receive this kind of error when you are trying to log in to your Peacock account using Linux. This error can also be caused if your computer has any issues. You can also try to access the Peacock app in a different browser which may help to solve the issue.
- Peacock Error Code CVF_EDS – Errors like cvf, cvf_eds jis, cvf, and jis are related and are caused due to browser incapabilities. Make sure that the browser you are using supports video codecs and audio codecs. Sometimes, updating the web browser will fix the issue.
- Peacock Error Code CE-34878-0 – You will receive this error when you have any issues with the Peacock app itself. To solve this, you can restart the Peacock application or update the Peacock application.
Clear Cache Memory
When you use a streaming app for a while, cache files will be stored. Too much of cache files will create performance issues on both the app and the TV. Try to clear the cache once in a while to avoid these issues.
1. Press the V button or the home button on your Vizio remote.
2. From the menu, select System and go to the Apps section.
3. Choose the Peacock app.
4. Click on Clear Cache.
5. After clearing the cache files, open the Peacock TV app and sign in again.
6. The Peacock TV app will work fine.
Reset Vizio Smart TV
A factory reset will erase all the data, files, and even the customized settings on your Vizio Smart TV. If any of the above fixes are not working, you can reset the Vizio Smart TV.
1. Press the Menu button on your Vizio TV remote.
2. Go to the Reset & Admin option.
3. Click the Reset to Factory Settings option and click OK.
4. If it asks for a passcode, enter 0 0 0 0.
5. After the reset, the TV will turn off and on automatically.
6. Then, install the Peacock TV app and stream its content. If you still have issues, you have to call customer support.
If you want further assistance in fixing the Peacock app, you can directly call the Peacock Support Center at 212-664-7864. Additionally, you can also visit the support center of Vizio Smart TV.
Related Troubleshooting Articles
- How to Fix YouTube Not Working on Vizio Smart TV
- How to Solve Hulu Not Working on Vizio Smart TV
- How to Fix Netflix Not Working on Vizio Smart TV
You can get the Peacock app on your Vizio Smart TV from the Vizio App Store.
Yes, the Peacock app is available on the Vizio Smart TV.