PBS app has a library with content that extends to multiple genres. The streaming content on PBS includes documentaries, shows, news, films, and iconic series. All the content streaming on the app is on-demand. Also, the on-demand library gets new content every day. Further, you can stream the live streaming of the PBS network channels. The PBS channel includes PBS Kids, PBS Masterpieces, PBS Living, and PBS Documentaries. These PBS channels have different streaming contents. In short, PBS has content for everyone in your family. So, let’s add and stream PBS on Android TV.
There are thousands of episodes of shows waiting for you on the PBS library. Popular shows on PBS include Antiques Roadshow, Masterpiece, Finding Your Roots, Ken Burns, American Experience, and POV. Additionally, find extended cuts, shorts, and other exclusive clips in the PBS app. Finally, the app gives you curated playlists to explore more shows.
PBS has an added station membership benefit called the PBS Passport. This is a donation to the PBS station and lets you connect to the local PBS station. With a license, you can get an updated library. It includes episodes from old PBS shows as well. Furthermore, stream early releases of shows with the License.
PBS on Android TV
Among the multiple devices that support the PBS app includes Android TVs. So, you can stream mind-blowing documentaries, movies, and TV shows from the network.
PBS Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
PBS Supported Android TV Box
You can also find the app on Android TV boxes as well.
- Nvidia Shield TV
- EPSON TV
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box
- AIR TV
How to Install and Stream PBS on Android TV
The PBS has its app available for download in the Google Play Store. It doesn’t take much time or effort to add and activate the app on your Android TV.
1. On the Android TV home screen, click on the Apps Tab.
2. Open Google Play Store and then tap on the Search icon.
3. On the search bar, type down PBS and then search for it.
4. When the search results appear, click on the PBS app logo.
5. To install the app, tap on the Install button.
6. Further, wait till the installation finishes.
7. Launch the PBS app and follow the on-screen prompts.
8. You will get an activation code on your screen.
9. Visit watch pbs.org/activate with any web browser.
10. Enter the activation code in the box.
11. Click on the Continue button and then log in with your PBS account.
12. Finally, the app gets activated, and you can stream it on your TV.
Related: How to Watch CBS on Android TV
Alternative Way – Cast PBS on Android TV
If you wish, you can cast PBS using the PBS Android or iOS app on your TV. Before starting, ensure that you have a PBS account.
1. Firstly, connect your Android smartphone and Android TV to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Install the PBS app on your Android or iOS device.
3. Launch the PBS app and sign in to your account.
4. Click on the Cast icon on the top-left part of your screen.
5. The app logo will appear on your TV.
6. Finally, play any video on the app and enjoy streaming it on your TV.
How to Watch PBS Outside the US
The PBS License is valid only in the US. However, people in the UK can enjoy streaming the PBS America channel. So, for people outside the US, they need to sideload the PBS android version.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling unknown sources on Android TV
- Install PBS using Downloader
Step 1: Installing Downloader on Android TV
Downloader is that app you need on Android TV to sideload the third-party apps. Let’s add the Downloader app from the store.
1. On your Android TV, launch the Google Play Store.
2. Next, click on the Search icon.
3. On the search bar, type down and search for Downloader.
4. Pick the Downloader app from the search results and then click on Install.
5. Finally, wait for the download to come to an end.
Step 2: Enabling Unknown Sources
The Downloader can’t install third-party apps with the default Android TV settings. So, we need to make a few alterations to the default settings in favor of the downloader app.
1. Open the Settings menu on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Security & restrictions option and then tap on the Unknown Sources option.
3. Choose the Downloader option and slide the toggle located next to it.
Step 3: Install PBS using Downloader
Now, the Downloader app can install third-party apps on your Android TV easily. Follow these simple steps for the same.
1. Initially, launch the Downloader app on your TV.
2. Click on the Allow option as prompted.
3. On the URL section of the app, enter the URL for the PBS Android TV Apk from a trusted site.
4. Hit on the Go button and start downloading the APK file for PBS.
5. Finally, Install the PBS app on your Android TV.
Related: How to Watch Roku Channel on Android TV
Other Supported Devices
The PBS app is compatible with a lot of other devices as follows.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Android phones and tablets
- Web browsers
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I get PBS on my Android TV?
The PBS app is already available for download in the Google Play Store on your Android TV. The app is free to use and download on your Android TV.
2. How do I get PBS on my TV?
Get PBS on devices like Android TV, Apple TV, Roku, Fire TV, and Chromecast. So, you can enjoy streaming the same on your TV.