Having kids around TVs and smartphones is a hectic task. They will use smart devices and three are great changes that will come across adult content. To prevent this, every smart device has its own parental control features. In Android TV and Android TV Box, you can enable the Parental Control feature to prevent the younger member and other people of your family from accessing the sites that you have considered inappropriate for them.
Though Android TV has kid-friendly apps like YouTube Kids and PBS Kids, parental control is one of the important features. If you think setting parental control on your TV is not effective, you can create a separate profile for your kid and impose all the limitations and content modifications.
How to Turn on Parental Control on Android TV
1. On your Android TV, select the Settings option.
2. Scroll down and select the Parental Controls. It is present just below the Inputs option.
3. Now, you will get the Parental Control Settings page.
4. Turn on the Parental Control toggle on the top of the screen.
5. Then, create a 4-digit password.
6. Enter the created password again and verify it.
How to Use Parental Control on Android TV
In the Parental Control feature on Android TV, you can set time limits, channel blocking, input blocking, and more.
1. Click on the Settings icon on your Android TV.
2. In the menu, select the Parental Control option.
3. Once you enable the parental control, it will display all the control options.
4. Click on Scheduled Blocking to set up the start time and end time for the parental control.
5. Choose the Channel Blocking option to restrict specific channels.
6. If you want, you can also restrict specific TV programs by going into the Program Blocking option.
7. Click on Input Blocking to restrict the access of any external devices that are connected to your Android TV.
8. From this menu, you can also change the PIN of the parental lock.
9. If you want to reset all the parental control settings, tap the Reset option.
How to Set a Restricted Profile PIN Code
1. Press the Home button on your Android TV remote.
2. Select Settings >> Security & Restrictions from the Personal Category.
3. Choose Restricted Profile and then click on the Settings option.
4. Create a 4-digit PIN and re-enter it.
5. Scroll down to the apps that you want to restrict others from using it.
6. Click on a particular app and select Allowed or Not Allowed.
7. Head back to the previous screen and select Enter Restricted Profile option. Choose the profile that you want to restrict.
8. Now, on the Android TV home screen, you can only see the apps that you have allowed access and other apps will be hidden.
How to Turn off Parental Control on Android TV
1. From your Android TV Settings page, go to the Parental Controls section.
2. Enter the PIN to access the Parental Control menu.
3. Turn off the Parental Control toggle.
4. Press OK after turning it off.
You can set parental controls on TCL Android TV using the Settings menu. If you can’t see the Parental Control option, update your Android TV.
You can enable the Parental settings on the YouTube app or you can install the YouTube Kids app on your Android TV.