Paramount Plus on Samsung TV is a place to watch movies and episodes from networks like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, and BET. The service costs $9.99/month or $99.99/year for ad-free streaming in the US. Sometimes, the Paramount Plus app on Samsung TV may not work properly for different reasons. Before contacting the customer support of Paramount Plus, you can try simple troubleshooting solutions to fix the app not working on your Samsung TV issue.
How to Fix Paramount Plus Not Working on Samsung TV
- Check whether Paramount Plus servers are down
- Check your internet connection
- Update your Paramount Plus app
- Update Samsung Smart TV firmware
- Clear cache on Paramount Plus app
- Uninstall and reinstall the Paramount Plus app
- Check whether the Paramount Plus subscription is active
- Reset your Samsung network
- Power cycle your Samsung Smart TV
- Reset Samsung Smart TV’s Smart Hub
1. Check If Paramount Plus Servers Are Down
If the Paramount Plus servers are down, you won’t be able to stream content until the servers are fixed. The time to fix the servers vary from a few hours to a few days depending on the issue. You can check whether the Paramount Plus server is down by visiting its official website or a third-party site called DownDetector.
2. Check Your Internet Connection
You need a good internet connection to stream movies and TV shows on Paramount Plus. Paramount Plus requires a minimum of 4Mbps internet speed to stream the content, so check your internet connection. If your internet connection is slow, try setting up your TV close to the modem/router or disconnecting other devices from the Wi-Fi. If you still find that your internet is slow, then restart the router.
1. Turn off your router and unplug the power cable from the wall outlet.
2. Wait for at least 5 minutes and plug the power cable back into the power source.
3. Turn on the router and check your internet connection.
3. Update Your Paramount Plus App
If the Paramount Plus app is outdated, you will encounter many problems that can cause the app not to work properly. So, update the app whenever there is a new update available.
1. Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and select Apps on the home screen.
2. Click on the Settings icon on the top right side of the screen.
3. Select Updates and choose your Paramount Plus app from the list of available apps.
4. Tap on Update to update the app to the latest version and then check whether the app is working or not.
4. Update Samsung Smart TV
The reason why your Paramount Plus is not working on Samsung Smart TV might be due to your TV software being out of date. Try updating your Samsung Smart TV and check whether Paramount Plus is working or not.
1. Launch your Samsung Smart TV and press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote.
2. Select Settings and click on Support.
3. Click on Software Update and select Update Now.
Note: You can also set up auto-update so that your Samsung Smart TV can be automatically updated whenever there is a new update.
5. Clear Cache on Paramount Plus App
When the amount of cache files stored on your Paramount Plus is large, it can easily get corrupted. It will cause your Paramount plus app to not work correctly on Samsung Smart TV.
1. Press the Home button on your Samsung TV remote and select Settings.
2. Click on Apps and select System Apps.
3. From the list of apps, find your Paramount Plus app.
4. Select the Paramount Plus app and click on Clear Cache to clear your cache data.
6. Uninstall And Reinstall the Paramount Plus App
By uninstalling and reinstalling the Paramount Plus app, you can solve most of the problems associated with the app.
Uninstall the App
1. Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and go to the Apps section.
2. Select Settings and search for the Paramount Plus app.
3. Click on the app and select Delete/Uninstall to uninstall the app on Samsung TV.
Reinstall the App
1. Press the Home on your remote and click on Apps.
2. Enter Paramount Plus on the search bar and choose the app from the search results.
3. Click Install to install the Paramount Plus app on your Smart TV.
4. Open the app and check whether it is working or not.
7. Check Whether Paramount Plus Subscription is Active
Paramount Plus is a subscription-based streaming service, which means you need a subscription to stream the content available on the app. Your account will be deactivated if you forget to pay the subscription on time. So, go to the Paramount Plus official website and use your account credentials to sign in. Now, check whether your account is active. If the account is not active, subscribe to Paramount Plus to activate the account.
8. Reset Your Samsung Network
If your Paramount Plus on Samsung Smart TV is not working properly, you might consider resetting your Samsung Network.
1. Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and press the Home button on your remote.
2. Select Settings and click on General.
3. Click on Network and select Reset Network.
4. Now, tap Network Settings and select your Network.
5. Enter the Password and wait for your TV to connect to the network.
6. Check whether your Paramount Plus app is working or not.
9. Power Cycle Your Samsung Smart TV
There are two ways by which you can power cycle your Samsung Smart TV:
- Using the Remote
- Using the Power source
Using the Remote
To power cycle, press and hold the Power button on your Samsung TV remote until the TV automatically turns off. Turn back on to check whether the app is working.
Using the Power Source
1. Disconnect the power cable of your Smart TV from the power outlet.
2. Press and hold the TV’s power button for about 15 seconds to drain all the power remaining on your TV.
3. Now, wait 30 seconds and connect the power cable back to the power source.
4. Turn on your TV and launch the Paramount Plus app to check whether it is working or not.
10. Reset Samsung Smart TV’s Smart Hub
If your Paramount Plus app on Samsung Smart TV is still not working after trying all the above methods, try resetting your Smart Hub. It will delete all your saved settings and your account details on all the apps.
1. Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and press the Home button on your TV’s remote.
2. Click on Settings and select Support.
3. Select Self Diagnosis and tap on Reset Smart Hub.
4. Enter the 4-digit PIN that you have set up. If you have not set up any PIN, enter 0000.
Note: Resetting Smart Hub does not delete any of your downloaded apps. It only deletes the data.
Related Troubleshooting Articles
- How to fix Hulu not working on Samsung Smart TV
- How to fix Netflix not working on Samsung Smart TV
- How to fix Amazon Prime Video not working on Sony Smart TV
- How to fix HBO Max not working on Samsung Smart TV
- How to fix Disney Plus not working on Sony Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
The reason for Paramount Plus not working on your Samsung Smart TV is because of cache issues, outdated app and firmware, Paramount Plus server issues, and more.