If you want to surf websites and stream videos seamlessly on your Android TV, you can prefer Open Browser. The Open Browser is bundled with multiple and unique features like private browsing, ad-blocker, IPTV access, free games, and more. Fortunately, the Open Browser is available on the Google Play Store and you can install it within a few seconds. If you can’t install the browser, you can sideload it by using the APK URL. Moreover, with this browser, you will get a built-in IPTV player that lets you access the IPTV channels from worldwide.
Open Browser: Features & Highlights
- Open Browser is free to install and use. It doesn’t require users to sign up.
- Lets you bookmark sites and access them immediately whenever you need.
- Offers a Recent section where you can see the list of visited sites with accurate info.
- It bundles with much-needed features like pop-ups and adblocker.
- You can easily switch between the tabs similar to the smartphone browser.
- Open Browser lets you surf the internet anonymously using the Incognito tab.
- The browser comes with Parental Control.
- You can stream your favorite anime, movies, series, and even IPTV channels on the browser.
How to Install Open Browser on Android TV
1. Power on your Android TV and connect it to a stable WiFi network.
2. Using your Android TV remote, launch the Google Play Store.
3. Head to the Search field, and enter Open Browser.
4. Select the Open browser from the suggestions.
5. Click Install to begin the installation process.
6. After installing, select Open to launch the browser.
How to Sideload Open Browser on Android TV
If you can’t get the Open Browser from the Play Store, you can sideload it on your Android TV using the Downloader.
1. Head to the Play Store and hit the Search field.
2. Using the on-screen virtual keyboard, type Downloader and search.
3. From the search results, select the official Downloader application.
4. Select Install to get Downloader on your Android TV.
5. Once it gets installed, navigate to Settings.
6. Choose Device Preferences from the list of menus.
7. Under Device Preferences, select Security & Restrictions.
8. Click Unknown Sources from the options.
9. Further, select Downloader and turn on the toggle switch.
10. Launch the Downloader app on your Smart TV.
11. Hit Allow when asked for permissions.
12. Select the Home section on the left and enter the Open Browser APK URL.
13. Select Go to initiate the APK file download.
14. Once the file gets downloaded, select Install.
15. Finally, launch the Open browser and start surfing or streaming the content you like to watch.
Supported Android TVs
- Sharp Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- HisenseSmart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- NVIDIA Shield TV
- TiVo Stream 4K
- Mecool Android TV Box
- Onn Android TV 4K
- Xiaomi Mi Box and Mi Box S
Alternatives to Open Browser
If you don’t like using the Open Browser or it doesn’t suites, you can switch to the alternative browser that gives real-time experience to a smartphone browser.
Opera Browser on Android TV is one of the lightweight browsers to use. The browser fits for intense browsing and by default, it comes with an ad-blocker, which hinders unnecessary ads while you surf. You can even enable the night mode on the Opera browser to surf smoothly in the night.
You can install the Puffin Browser on Android TV as a replacement for Open, as it gives you a unique browsing experience. With Puffin, you can visit websites, listen to music, watch movies from streaming platforms like Prime Video, and more. To get premium features like Chatbot, you must purchase the premium plan that costs ($1/mon or $10/year).
Fortunately, Kiwi Browser has a native application for Android TV and it can be installed from the Google Play Store. The best part of the Kiwi Browser is that it is built on the Chromium engine which gives you an immersive experience. For seamless browsing, you can enable the pop-up blocker on the settings.
Like Opera, Puffin, and Kiwi, you can’t directly install the Silk Browser on Android TV. You must sideload the browser using Downloader to use it. Unlike other browsers, Silk Browser comes with a neat UI that lets you navigate through the options smoothly. If you have integrated Alexa on Android TV, you can control the browser with your voice commands.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. The Open Browser is available and can be installed only on Android TV.
Like Fire TV, you can browse sites and stream videos on your Android TV browser.