Do you like streaming movies/series/TV shows so much? try the OnStream app on your Android TV. As OnStream isn’t officially available on the Google Play Store, you need to sideload its APK file using installers like Downloader or screen mirror its content using your smartphone.
To watch movies and series for free with top-notch features and to get the experience of premium streaming platforms like Netflix, HBO, Amazon Prime, and more, you can use the OnStream application on your TV. With an ad-free experience on OnStream, you can watch the latest release and classic content without registering or signing up.
In this guide, we focus on sideloading and screen mirroring methodologies to achieve the successful streaming of OnStream on Android TV. We’ve also included the app’s troubleshooting measures and its alternatives if you change your mind later.
How to Sideload OnStream APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the OnStream app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click on the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, get back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the OnStream Apk URL link in the required field.
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite media content.
How to Cast OnStream on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the OnStream APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the OnStream APK on your Android smartphone.
3. After installing, launch the app and log in with your credentials.
4. Play the video content on the OnStream app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
OnStream Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the OnStream app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for OnStream accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that OnStream isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other free platforms to stream the media content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to OnStream.
No. The Play Store of Android TV doesn’t have the OnStream application in its app’s library. So, this streaming platform is not available for Android TV.
OnStream is a third-party streaming application and it is unsafe to use, as it streams copyrighted content and doesn’t ensure privacy.
No. Unfortunately, you can’t install the OnStream app on iPhone or iPad.