To watch movies and series for free with top-notch features and to get the experience of premium streaming platforms, like Netflix, you can install OnStream APK on your Android TV. With an ad-free experience on OnStream, you can watch the latest release and classic content without registering or signing up. You can even watch videos from YouTube, Twitch, and other mediums on the OnStream application. As OnStream isn’t officially available on the Google Play Store, you need to sideload the app using the installers like Downloader.
How to Sideload OnStream APK on Android TV
The OnStream APK is yet to be available for Android TV. To use OnStream, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of OnStream APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the OnStream APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Cast OnStream APK on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app, you can screen mirror the OnStream app from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Sideload the APK on your Android smartphone.
3. Play the video content on the OnStream app.
4. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
OnStream APK Features
- You can use OnStream without creating an account.
- Doesn’t charge hidden fees or premium subscriptions.
- The app supports multiple subtitles.
- Lets you switch servers to stream seamlessly without interruptions.
- You can download the content and watch it offline within the app.
- Add the content to your favorites list to watch it later or again.
- OnStream frequently updates its streaming library.
Why Need a VPN for OnStream APK
We recommend using VPN mandatory, especially when you access third-party applications like OnStream. As the application streams copyrighted content without legal rights, it can lead to legal issues. Moreover, accessing geo-restricted content is illegal in most countries. Also, these free APKs have chances of tracking your IP address which doesn’t ensure privacy.
If you like to install and use OnStream on your Android TV, we suggest you install VPNs like ExpressVPN and NordVPN to ensure your privacy and avoid tracking of your IP address.
How to Fix OnStream APK Not Working on Android TV
If you find the OnStream APK is not working on your Smart TV, you can fix it by following the DIY diagnosing methods mentioned below.
1. Connect your Android TV to the new WiFi, if the internet speed is slow.
2. Restart the OnStream app, if the app doesn’t work.
3. Reboot your Android TV, when the app gets frozen.
4. Uninstall and reinstall the app, if it crashes frequently.
5. Try updating your Android TV to the latest firmware.
OnStream APK Alternatives
If the OnStream application stops working, you can switch to alternatives like Cinema HD, BeeTV, MovieBox, and Popcorn Flix to stream the on-demand content for free.
With Cinema HD on Android TV, you can watch the latest movies, series, and TV shows for free in HD quality. The app comes with multiple features like adjusting streaming quality, multiple subtitles, and more. Since there is no official app for Cinema HD, you need to sideload the app using Downloader.
BeeTV APK has a wide range of content which includes trending, classic, and retro content. You can stream the content on the application from SD to Full HD. The BeeTV APK is known for its smooth user interface, as you can navigate easily through the app without lag.
MovieBox Pro is one of the best alternatives to OnStream. With MovieBox Pro on Android TV, you can watch blockbusters of Hollywood content, Asian movies and dramas, and more. MovieBox Pro is compatible with almost all devices, such as a smartphone (Android / iPhone), Smart TVs (Android TV), and streaming devices (Firstick).
You can install PopcornFlix on your Android TV, as an alternative to OnStream. The app streams movies and TV shows for free in a wide range of genres. The app has a separate section to watch the content for Kids. You can install PopcornFlix for free using Downloader as the app isn’t officially available on the Play Store.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Frequently Asked Questions
OnStream is a third-party streaming application and it is unsafe to use, as it streams copyrighted content and doesn’t ensure privacy.
No. Unfortunately, you can’t install the OnStream app on iPhone or iPad.
Yes, you can install the OnStream APK on your Firestick device using Downloader.
You can’t install OnStream for Windows PC, as there is no APK available for the device.