Are you fed up with the high-cost Android TV Boxes and searching for an affordable TV Box, try Onn Android TV Box. It is an Android TV Box developed by Walmart under its Onn brand. It was released in June 2021 and became one of the most affordable Android TV Boxes. Although you can find a lot of affordable TV boxes in the market, Onn TV Box differentiates itself by providing constant updates, whereas the other tv boxes are often abandoned after a few updates. The latest update of the Onn TV box was in January 2022.
Highlights of Onn Android TV Box
- Allows you to stream in 4K UHD resolution.
- It has 2 GB RAM and 8 GB Internal Storage.
- It supports Google Assistant and Chromecast.
- Has Dolby Audio for the Audio system.
- WiFi: 2.4/5GHz 802.11./b/g/n/ac MIMO.
What’s In The Box
- UHD TV Streaming Device
- Remote Control
- 3.28 ft HDMI Cable
- 3.28 ft AC adapter cable
- Quick Start Guide
Pros and Cons of Onn Android TV Box
- Affordable Price
- Stream 4K videos
- Supports streaming services like Netflix and Prime Video
- Android TV 10
- Compact Design
- Support sideloading apps and 3rd party launchers
- Allows you to expand internal storage
- No USB Port
- No Dolby Vision or Atmos
- It does not support AV1 and WiFi6
- Small Internal Storage
Price of Onn TV Box
- Onn Android TV 4K UHD Streaming Device with Remote Control & HDMI Cable – $19.88
- Onn Android TV UHD 4K Wireless Streaming Box HDMI With Remote – $31.00
Specification of Onn TV Box
|CPU||Amaogic S905Y2 -4x ARM Cortex-A53|
|RAM Memory||2 GB|
|Internal Storage||8 GB|
|Ports||USB & HDMI|
|Operating System||Android TV|
|WiFi||2.4/5GHz 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac MIMO Wi-Fi|
|Remote Control||Google TV Remote Control|
|Video Settings||RGB, SDR / No Image quality settings / HDMI-CEC available, Automatic refresh|
|Audio Settings||HDMI 5.1 / NO USB audio settings|
|Sharing||Google Cast and DLNA with BlubblePnP|
Design of Onn Android TV Box
If you are familiar with Roku or Fire TV stick, you might be familiar with Onn Streaming Stick. It is a thumb-sized USB with an HDMI and micro-USB power port. It makes it easy to carry and doesn’t take a lot of space. The only problem with the streaming stick is that you can only stream content in 1080p HD. So, it is impossible if you want to stream the content in 4K. So, we suggest you upgrade to the Dongle version.
Unlike the Streaming Stick version, the dongle is a small square box with a size of ‘3×3’. Like the streaming stick version, it also has a micro-USB power port and an HDMI port. In the Dongle version, you can stream videos with maximum quality of 4K.
Both the Onn Android TV Streaming Stick and dongle come with the same remote based on the Google G10 design. The remote has D-pad buttons for navigation, Back, Home, and Live TV buttons. It also has hardware shortcuts for Google Assistant, Favorites, and settings.
Performance of Onn Android TV Box
The RAM of the streaming stick is 1GB, and the RAM of the dongle is about 2GB. Since the stick has only 1 GB of RAM, there will be times when you feel your TV is lagging or other problems. It does not mean that the dongle will work perfectly, as we know the RAM of the dongle is only twice that of the streaming stick. There will also be times when the dongle has problems, but it is not that often compared with the streaming stick.
Most OEMs and Google think that having an 8GB storage space is enough for Android TV. However, as time goes by, the number of apps installed on your Android TV will increase, and the cache data will build up during regular use to take up a large amount of space. As a result, it will decrease your internal storage, and you will not be able to install new apps. So clear unwanted apps to increase storage space on ONN Android TV Box.
How to Connect Onn Android TV Box to the TV
1. Connect one end of the HDMI cable to your Android TV box and the other end to your TV.
2. Plug in the AC adapter on the power outlet and connect the other end to your Android TV box.
3. Insert batteries on your remote control.
3. Turn on your TV and Android TV Box.
4. Choose the proper input source on your TV. Wait for the Android TV Box to load on your TV.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to finish the setup process.
6. Once the setup is over, you can start streaming media on TV by installing apps.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. There may be a problem with your internet connection
2. It may be because of excess cache, data, and files.
3. There may be a problem with your power source.
The Onn Android TV box costs vary depending on the model. Currently, there are two models of Onn TV box, and it costs $19.88 and $ 31.00.