Cloud Storage is highly useful in accessing your favorite photos and videos on any device instantly. Microsoft OneDrive is a competitive Cloud service that you can sign in with your Microsoft account. You can get this OneDrive on Android TV by sideloading the Apk through the Downloader app since the app is unavailable on the Play Store.
OneDrive basic subscription provides 1TB of Cloud Storage in Microsoft 365 subscription. You can also choose a Family or Business plan in OneDrive. When you want to view your family gatherings or special occasion events in your home, you can directly connect the OneDrive to watch them on your Android TV. It is also useful in presentations for displaying the content on a bigger screen,
You will learn how to get the OneDrive on your Android TV through sideloading. Also, you can cast the OneDrive from your smartphone since the OneDrive app has cast support.
How to Sideload OneDrive on Android TV
The OneDrive app is not available for Android TV. So, to stream its content, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of OneDrive APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and access the media files on your TV.
How to Cast OneDrive to Android TV
The OneDrive app is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the OneDrive app from your smartphone to Android TV.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the OneDrive app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Play the video content that you want and click the Cast icon.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Other Supported Devices
You can access OneDrive on one or more of the following devices.
- Android phone (Android 6.0 and later)
- Android Tablet (Android 6.0 and later)
- iPhone (iOS 13 and later)
- iPad (iOS 13 and later)
- iPod Touch (iOS 13 and later)
- Windows PC
- Windows Phone
The best alternatives for OneDrive are Google Drive, DropBox, Mega, Amazon Drive, and NextCloud. You can get Google Drive on Android TV.
Yes. You can sideload OneDrive on your Android Smart TV from a trusted third-party website.
OneDrive is officially supported on Android smartphones and tablets running on Android 6.0 and later.