Odin Browser is one of the lightweight and best browsers to use on Android TV. The browser was designed distinctively to use on Android TV. You can surf the internet on the browser smoothly because of its light interface. Odin Browser is available for Android TV, and you can install it from the Google Play Store. If you can’t install it or it is unavailable in your region, you can sideload it using the installers like Downloader. Unlike Puffin Browser, you can install and use Odin Browser for free without membership plans.
How to Install Odin Browser on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Odin Browser in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Odin Browser from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
7. When the home screen appears, start surfing on the browser.
How to Sideload Odin Browser APK on Android TV
If you can’t find Odin Browser in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences.
4. Click Security & Restrictions → Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Odin Browser APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Odin Browser APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and start surfing.
Odin Browser: Features & Highlights
- Odin Browser doesn’t require sign up or registration to use.
- Load results quickly without delay.
- Lets you zoom the browser screen based on user convenience.
- Comes with a full-screen mode and gives you a better streaming experience while playing videos.
- The browser supports multiple protocols HLS, MSE, and Dash.
Odin Browser Alternatives
If the Odin Browser lacks features or doesn’t suit you, you can try the below listed alternative browsers on your Android TV for better features.
|Brave||Free||Brave on Android TV|
|Tor||Free||Tor Browser on Android TV|
|Puffin||$1/mon or $10/mon||Puffin Browser on Android TV|
|Opera||Free||Opera Browser on Android TV|
|UC Browser||Free||UC Browser on Android TV|
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Mi Box 4K
- Nvidia Shield TV
- MXQ Pro 4K
Frequently Asked Questions
No. Unfortunately, the Odin Browser application is unavailable on Google TV.
Yes, the Odin Browser is safe to use as it is officially available on the Google Play Store.