NOW TV is a premium monthly subscription-based streaming service from Sky. You can stream video content from Sports, Movies, Entertainment, and more with the NOW TV app on your device. In the second week of November 2022, the NOW app is released for Android TVs and Google TVs. With that, you can easily install the NOW app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
How to Install NOW TV on Android TV in the UK
The NOW app is available only in the UK. If you try to stream the NOW video content outside of the UK, you will get the geo-restriction error.
1. Turn on your Android TV and wait for the home screen to appear.
2. Click on the Apps tab and open Google Play Store.
3. Navigate to the Search icon and search for NOW TV.
4. Pick the NOW TV app icon from the search results.
5. Click on the Install button.
6. Then, tap the Open button to launch the NOW TV app.
How to Activate NOW TV on Android TV
1. When you open the NOW TV app, you will get an activation code.
2. Note down the activation code that appears on your screen.
3. Open a web browser on your smartphone or PC and visit the NOW TV Activation website.
4. Enter the Activation Code and then log in to your account.
5. It will activate the NOW TV app and you can access its library.
6. Now, you can watch all the NOW video content on your TV.
How to Cast NOW TV on Android TV
Apart from adding NOW TV on your TV, you can cast the contents on your TV. The NOW app for Android smartphones is compatible with the Cast feature.
1. Connect your Android TV and Android smartphone to the same WiFi network.
2. Install the NOW TV app on your smartphone from the Play Store.
3. Open the NOW app and complete the login.
4. On the NOW app, tap the Cast icon.
5. Now, your smartphone will look for nearby casting devices. When your Android TV is detected, tap on it.
6. Then, play any video content and it will appear on your TV.
How to Sideload NOW on Android TV
NOW platform is not available outside the USA. If you are residing in the USA, you need to sideload the app on your Android TV.
1. Launch the Google Play Store on your TV.
2. To search for the Downloader app, click on the Search icon.
3. Type Downloader in the search bar and hit the search icon.
4. Pick up the Downloader app from the search results.
5. Select the Install button to download the Downloader app on Android TV.
6. Launch the Settings menu on the home screen and choose Device Preferences.
7. Scroll down to click on the Security & restrictions option.
8. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
9. Select the Downloader option and enable the toggle
10 Then, launch the Downloader app on your TV.
11. When it prompts, click on the Allow option.
12. Download the AFTVnews Plugin usign the URL (browser.aftvnews.com).
13. Enter the NOW Android TV APK URL in the required field.
14. Click on the Go option and download the APK file.
15. Now, tap on the Install option and then access the NOW TV app.
Supported Android TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Hitachi Smart TV
- Toshiba Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Cello Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Cello Smart TV
- Technika Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Bush Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
- H96 Android TV Box
- Mi Box
- DirecTV Box
- NVIDIA Shield TV
NOW TV has a bunch of different subscription plans with different offers. You can buy any of the subscriptions from the NOW website.
- Sports Membership – The Sports Membership costs you £67.99 every month.
- Cinema Membership – The Cinema membership gives you access to award-winning movies and Sky Original movies at £4.99 per month. Additionally, get a free week of Boost.
- Entertainment + Cinema Membership – This plan costs you £9.99 per month, along with a free week of Boost.
- Sports day + Mobile Month Membership – You can enjoy this plan at £9.98. This gives you access to 11n Sky Sports and a five-month mobile month membership.
- Hayu Membership – With a £4.99 per month hayu membership, enjoy 8000 episodes of TV reality shows. Also, enjoy a 7-day free with this plan.
The Black Friday offer is going on with the NOW plans. You can get the best value for your money, when you subscribe to NOW in the next few days.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can install the NOW TV app on your Google TV from the Play Store.