Now Player is a streaming service similar to Now TV. By subscribing to the service, you can stream plenty of movies, TV series, sports, and much more. Moreover, it also offers Set-top Boxes to its users to stream content with premium streaming quality. Since the application is unavailable on the Google Play Store for Android TV, you cannot install the app officially on your TV. But you can stream the content of Now Player on your Android TV by sideloading via third-party installing apps and casting the content from the smartphone to your TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload Now Player on Android TV
If you can’t find Now Player in the Play Store, it must be geo-restricted. Therefore, you need to use the Downloader app to sideload the APK file.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of Now Player APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the Now Player app APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, and connect to the desired country server.
11. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Watch Now Player Using Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access the Now Player website.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://nowplayer.now.com] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of the Now Player will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Login button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast Now Player on Android TV
The Now Player app is compatible with built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the Now Player app from your smartphone to Android TV.
1. Install the Now Player app from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the Now Player on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Play the video content that you want and click the Cast icon.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Key Features of Now Player
- The app comes with built-in Chromecast support.
- Multiple users can access the premium account on the app.
- It lets you download your favorite content to watch it offline.
- Access the TV guide to get further updates on TV programs.
- Add media content to the Watchlist section to watch it later.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Unfortunately, the Now Player app is not available for Android TV devices.
No, the Now Player app is not available on Google TV App Stores.