Are you searching for the right application to watch movies and TV shows on Android TV for free? Then, try installing the Nova TV. Unfortunately, Nova TV is not available on the Android TV Play Store. But you can sideload the Nova TV apk file with the help of the Downloader app.
Instead of sideloading, you can also cast the Nova TV app on your Android TV from the Android smartphone or tablet. For this, you just need to connect both devices to the same WiFi network. By installing Nova TV on Android TV, you watch tons of on-demand content without spending a cost.
It also supports downloading media content for offline streaming. The simple UI of Nova TV makes it reliable for all users. Other features of Nova TV include streaming movies in 4K quality, subtitles (225 languages), integration with real debrid, series guide support, and more.
Let’s see the instructions for sideloading, and screen mirroring techniques to stream the media content from the Nova TV app.
How to Sideload NovaTV APK on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the NovaTV app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Now, go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of NovaTV APK latest version: bit.ly/3tbAIq8
13. Hit Go to get the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After downloading the APK, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Now, you need to install any of the VPNs on your Android TV, like NordVPN or ExpressVPN, to hide the IP address and stream content on the app anonymously.
17. Click Open to launch the application and watch your desired media content on Android TV.
How to Cast Nova TV on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the NovaTV apk, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support available on this provider, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect the Android TV to a WiFi network in which your smartphone is connected.
2. Download and install the NovaTV app on your Android phone.
3. Launch the NovaTV app and log in with your credentials if needed.
4. Play any video content on the application.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Tap your Android TV. Now, the video will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TVs||Smart TV Boxes|
|Sony Smart TV|
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV|
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
Nova TV Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
Since we’ve installed the Nova TV app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Make sure that your Android TV and the app get the proper internet speed.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the app cache files for Nova TV accumulated on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that NovaTV isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service, then you can switch over to some other platform to stream more content. Here are some of the best alternatives that are listed below.
No. The Nova TV is not available on the Play Store of Android TV since it violates the policy of Google.
No. Nova TV is not safe to use as it contains a lot of copyrighted media content in its library.