Nova Launcher is one of the most popular launchers for Android devices. It gives a powerful home screen to your device and supports thousands of icon themes. Most people use Nova Launcher because of its customizable swipe gestures. With that, you can move the apps in and out so fast, launch the second app quickly, and the icon swipes can be used to start a music playlist. The next important feature of the Nova launcher is Pull to Search. It brings the most frequently used and recent apps you have used. You can install Nova Launcher on various devices, including Android TV and Android-powered Streaming devices.
Nova Launcher comes with a dark mode to protect your eyes. In addition, the customizable app drawer feature gives you vertical or horizontal scroll, page effects, and more. Further, you can snap icons and widgets between the grid cells. Overall, Nova Launcher is one of the fastest launchers for Android TV that you can use in 2022.
Nova Launcher is available in both paid and free versions. The paid version offers a lot of configurations. Nova Launcher Prime costs $4.99 and has zero in-app purchases.
Nova Launcher on Android TV
The Nova Launcher app isn’t available on Android TV, so we have to look for alternative ways. The best method is sideloading the Nova Launcher apk file with the help of Downloader.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Android TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield
- Xiaomi Mi Box S
- DirecTV Stream
How to Install Nova Launcher on Android TV
Downloader is the best app to sideload apk files on Android TV. You can install Downloader on Android TV directly from the Play Store.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect it to a WiFi network.
2. Open Google Play Store from the home screen.
3. Tap the Search icon and enter Downloader in the search bar.
4. Choose the Downloader by AFTV News app.
5. Then, click the Install button.
6. Now, get back to the home screen and navigate Settings → Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
7. Click on the Unknown Sources option.
8. Select the Downloader app and flip the toggle to turn on the unknown source access.
9. Launch the Downloader app and choose to Allow if prompted.
10. Now, enter the Nova Launcher apk URL and press the Go button.
11. Once the apk file is downloaded, click Install and wait for the installation process to finish.
12. After the installation, choose Open to launch the app.
13. Upon launching the launcher on your Android TV, it will ask you to change the launcher.
14. Tap Change Launcher on the pop-up menu and your Android TV screen
Other Supported Devices
- Android Smartphones and Tablets
- Google TV
Frequently Asked Questions
No, Nova Launcher is not available for Android TV, so you have to sideload the app.
Nova Launcher Prime costs $4.99.
No, Nova Launcher is 100% safe to use on all devices
No, you cannot use Nova Launcher Prime on multiple devices.