National Hockey League or NHL is a very popular professional league of ice hockey. The history of the NHL dates back to November 26, 1917. The inaugural season (1917-1918) was held in Montreal, Canada. The latest season, 2021-2022, is already in the air. NHL has a total of 32 teams, 25 from the US and 7 from Canada. The league playoff champion is awarded the oldest professional sports trophy, the Stanley Cup. If you love ice hockey then, let’s stream NHL on Android TV.
If you are in Canada, you can watch NHL on Sportsnet, CBC, and TVA Sports. At the same time, in the US, you can watch it on ABC, ESPN, TNT, and TBS. NHL is the fifth popular professional sports league after NFL, MLB, NBA, and EPL.
NHL on Android TV
NFL games stream on ESPN, ABC, TNT, and TBS in the US. On TNT, you can watch 50 NHL games along with the Stanley Cup playoffs. At the same time, ESPN or ABC will air 25 NHL matches, half of the playoffs, and the Stanley Cup Finals. Also, ESPN+ will give you 75 exclusive matchups.
Pricing on ESPN+
You can get ESPN+ at $7 per month or $70 per year. But, there will be a blackout when your local team’s match is being played. When it comes to NHL, you can watch all matches except the ones airing nationally on TNT and NHL Network.
How to Stream NHL on Android TV Using ESPN+
1. Turn on your Android TV and then connect to the WiFi network.
2. From your home screen, launch the Google Play Store.
3. Search for the ESPN app on the search bar.
4. Start downloading the ESPN app by clicking on the Install button.
5. Launch the ESPN app.
6. Open the ESPN app and select the Settings option.
7. Select the Subscriptions option on the sidebar.
8. Next, choose the ESPN+ option on the next screen.
9. Select the Login option to get the ESPN Activation code.
10. Visit the ESPN Activation site on your PC or smartphone.
11. Enter the code and click on Continue.
12. Then, stream the NHL matches on your Android TV.
Alternate Method to Watch NHL on Android TV
1. Connect both your Android TV and your smartphone to the same WiFi network.
2. On your smartphone, launch the ESPN app. Install the ESPN app from the Play Store.
3. Browse through the app and then play the NHL match.
4. On the next screen, tap the Cast icon.
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of devices.
6. Within a few seconds, the ESPN app casts the content on your TV.
7. Similarly, watch all the NHL matches on your TV by casting them on your TV.
Alternative options to watch NHL on Android TV
We have a pretty good line-up of TV providers that you can subscribe to watch NHL.
DirecTV Stream is one of the best options to stream the NHL 2021-2022 series. If you get the Choice plan ($84.99 per month) on DirecTV Stream, then you can watch pretty much all the matches.
- It has all the NHL streaming channels (ABC, ESPN, and TNT) except NBC Sports Philadelphia.
- So, you can’t watch the matches of the Flyers alone.
- In any other US station, if you combine DirecTV Stream and ESPN+ then, you can watch all NHL matches.
Hulu + Live TV
Hulu + Live TV is the tier of Hulu subscription that brings you to live TV channels. Get subscribed to Hulu+Live TV at $64.99 per month with a free seven-day trial.
- On Hulu, you can watch the national televised NHL games on channels like ABC, ESPN, and TNT.
- Further, watch matches of Blackhawks, Flyers, Sharks, and Caps on NBC Regional sports network.
- However, Hulu lacks NHL Network that streams 90 matches.
- With a combined Hulu + Live TV and ESPN+, you can watch all the NHL games of the season.
fuboTV is considered to be the streaming service with the best collection of sports channels. The same is the case with streaming NHL, as it covers most of the matches.
- On fuboTV, you can watch nationally televised games on ESPN and ABC.
- However, you will miss the matches on TNT as fuboTV doesn’t support TNT.
- Also, fuboTV includes NW, AT&T Rocky MT, Root Sports, NESN, MSG, and NBC Regional networks.
- So, you can cover almost all matches of NHL if you combine your fuboTV subscription with ESPN+.
- Subscribe to fuboTV at $64.99 per month with a free trial for seven days.
YouTube TV is the popular live TV streaming service from Google TV. It streams the NHL matches and you can watch them if you have a subscription.
- Watch the nationally televised matches of NHL on ABC, ESPN, and TNT.
- You can watch regional network matches of Blackhawks, Flyers, Sharks, and Caps.
- Get the YouTube TV subscription at $64.99 per month with a free week’s trial.
Other Devices that support ESPN+
Apart from Android TVs, we can access ESPN+ on the following devices.
- Apple TV
- Roku Stick
- Roku TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- Fire Tablet
- Android phone
- Android Tablet
- Playstation 4
- Playstation 5
- Samsung Smart TV
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How can I watch NHL on my Android TV?
We have a lot of options to stream both regional and nationalized NHL matches on TV. This includes ESPN+, Hulu + Live TV, YouTube TV, fuboTV, NHL Network, and DirecTV Stream.
2. Which is the best option to stream NHL on TV?
If you have an Android TV then, you can watch all the NHL matches with DirecTV Stream combined with ESPN+.