Are you searching for the right application to watch plenty of movies and shows on your Android TV? Netflix is the right application, and it is officially available on the Play Store of Android TV. Instead of downloading the dedicated app, you can also access the web version of Netflix or cast it on your TV from a smartphone.
By downloading the Netflix app on Android TV, you can watch media content in various categories like thriller, romance, action, sci-fi, and many more. You can also create five different profiles on a single account for your family members. Each will have personalized recommendations, watch history, and preferences.
Apart from movies and shows, it also features anime content for kids. As a parent, you can utilize parental control support to manage your kid from watching unwanted movies or tv shows.
Netflix is a premium streaming service, and currently, there are four streaming plans available.
|Netflix Plans||Pricing (US Dollar)|
|Standard with ads||$6.99/month|
Note – Pricing will vary depending on the country you’re residing in. Visit the official site for exact pricing & subscription details.
How to Install Netflix on Android TV/Box from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Netflix in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Netflix from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your 4K Android TV/ Android TV Box.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate Netflix on Android TV
1. Open Netflix on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the SIGN IN option and enter the valid credentials and sign in to your account.
3. Now, go to the activation website [https://www.netflix.com/tv8] on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the code and click the Continue button.
5. Now, Netflix will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content.
How to Watch Netflix on Android TV Using a Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to watch your favorite movie or tv show.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (https://www.netflix.com) in the address bar and visit the website.
3. The home screen of Netflix will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign-in button and enter your subscribed account credentials.
5. Once the home page appears, you can select and play your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast Netflix Movies and TV Shows to Android TV
The Netflix app on Android and iPhone has built-in cast support. With that, you can easily cast Netflix from your smartphone to TV.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect the Netflix-installed smartphone to the same network.
3. Open Netflix on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app, and it will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Coocaa TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- TiVo Stream 4K
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. Netflix is available on the Play Store of Android TV. You can download it from Apps → Google Play Store → Search icon → Search for Netflix → Download.
Sometimes Netflix might not work properly on your TV. Here are a few troubleshooting tips to help you with the same.
1. Check whether the internet connection has the required speed to stream the content. If not, you will have buffering issues while playing the HD content.
2. Restart your Android TV or Box.
3. Try streaming Netflix on a different WiFi network.
4. Update the Netflix app on your Android TV to the latest version.
5. Update the Android TV firmware to the latest version.
6. Reset the Android TV and install the Netflix app again.
On the Home screen of Netflix → Go to Menu → Navigate left → Get Help → Select Sign out.