Are you searching for the right application to watch plenty of movies and shows on your Android TV? Netflix is the right application, and it is officially available on the Play Store of Android TV. Instead of downloading the dedicated app, you can also access the web version of Netflix or cast it on your TV from a smartphone.
By downloading the Netflix app on Android TV, you can watch media content in various categories like thriller, romance, action, sci-fi, and many more. You can also create five different profiles on a single account for your family members. Each will have personalized recommendations, watch history, and preferences.
Apart from movies and shows, it also features anime content for kids. As a parent, you can utilize parental control support to keep your kid away from watching unwanted movies or TV shows.
This article pens down the guidelines of direct installing, web browsing, and screen mirroring approaches to stream Netflix on Android TV. Along with that, we’ve included some troubleshooting tips you can use if Netflix fails to stream its content on your TV.
Table of Contents
Subscription Plans for Netflix
Netflix is a premium streaming service, and currently, there are four streaming plans available.
|Pricing (US Dollar)
|Standard with ads
Note – Pricing will vary depending on the country you’re residing in. Visit the official site for exact pricing & subscription details.
How to Install Netflix on Android TV/Box from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter Netflix in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select Netflix from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your 4K Android TV/ Android TV Box.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate Netflix on Android TV
1. Open Netflix on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the SIGN IN option to sign in to your account.
3. Now, go to the activation website [https://www.netflix.com/tv8] on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the code and click the Continue button.
5. Now, Netflix will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content.
How to Watch Netflix on Android TV Using a Browser
Netflix has a dedicated webpage with an extensive media library of its original media content. You can access the Netflix website using any of the best browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (https://www.netflix.com) in the address bar and visit the website.
3. The home screen of Netflix will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign-in button and enter your subscribed account credentials.
5. Once the home page appears, you can select and play your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast Netflix Movies and TV Shows to Android TV
Netflix is compatible with the built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast Netflix from your smartphone to Android TV if you don’t want to sideload the app.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect the Netflix-installed smartphone to the same network.
3. Open Netflix on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app, and it will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs and TV Boxes for Netflix
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
TiVo Stream 4K
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
How to Fix Not Working Issues of Netflix on Android TV
If the Netflix app is not working properly on your Android TV due to issues like a black screen, app freezing, and more, then you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Close and relaunch the Netflix application on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Clear the app cache files for the Funimation app.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
If you feel that Netflix isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream the anime content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to Funimation.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. It is available on the Play Store of Android TV. You can download it from Apps → Google Play Store → Search icon → Search for Netflix → Download.
On the Home screen of Netflix → Go to Menu → Navigate left → Get Help → Select Sign out.
No. Netflix is not a free streaming platform on any streaming devices, including Android TV. You must get any of its subscription plans to become a member of Netflix to stream its media library.