Netflix is one of the leading media streaming platforms around the globe. This is because of the diverse content in its library that caters to the interests of everyone. You can find both acquired as well as original content on Netflix. The library is rich with movies, feature films, documentaries, animes, and comedy shows. It has content extending in a variety of genres including thrillers, romance, action, sci-fi, and much more. If you had an Android TV or Android TV Box in your home, you can easily install the Netflix app from the store.
Some of the Netflix Original series themselves are award-winning. It includes shows like The Crown, The Queen’s Gambit, The Trial of the Chicago 7, and I Care A Lot. With a Netflix subscription, you can enjoy watching these shows on multiple devices. Also, it lets you download movies and watch them offline.
Netflix offers you three different premium plans to choose from. All of the plans stream content free of ads on any device you have.
- The most affordable plan charges you $9.99 per month. You can access the whole Netflix content with this plan in SD on only one device.
- The Netflix Standard Plan costs $15.99 per month. With this plan, you can stream content in HD and use your account on two devices at the same time.
- The final plan will cost $19.99 per month and streams content in 4K. You can enjoy content on up to four different devices. This plan mainly aims at families and friends who can share their accounts.
Netflix on Android TV
If you have a Netflix account, you can enjoy a lot of entertaining content on your Android TV. It brings you a lot of amazing movies and series in different languages along with English. Also, you can get subtitles for most shows on this service, so that everyone can enjoy these shows.
Supported Android TVs
Since Netflix is the leading media streaming service, it is available on a variety of devices including Android TV. The Android TVs that support Netflix include the following.
- TCL Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Mi Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
Now, let’s look at the Android TV boxes that support Netflix.
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Xiaomi Mi Box
- AirTV Player
- DIRECTV Stream
- EPSON TV
How to Install and Setup Netflix on Android TV / Android TV Box
Netflix is a pre-installed application on all Android TVs and Boxes. If it is not installed, use the below steps to install it.
1. Click on the Home or Menu button on your Android TV remote.
2. Go to the Apps section and open Google Play Store.
3. Navigate to the search bar and search for Netflix.
4. Select the Netflix icon and then install the app.
6. You can find Netflix among your apps after the download.
7. Launch Netflix on your Android TV.
8. You will get an activation code on your screen.
9. From a web browser, visit netflix.com/activate.
10. Enter the activation code in the space provided.
11. Finally, click on Activate and the application will be activated immediately.
Cast Netflix to Android TV from Phone [Android & iPhone]
We have more ways to watch Netflix on Android TV. One of the most important ways is utilizing Chromecast support on Android TV. If you have a Chromecast compatible Android TV, you can cast Netflix easily from your smartphone.
1. Initially, connect your Android TV and Smartphone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. On your smartphone, install Netflix from Play Store or App Store as needed.
3. Open the app and Sign in to your Netflix account.
4. Click on the Cast icon on your app.
5. Select your Android TV from the list of devices.
6. It will start casting the app on your TV.
7. Choose any movie, show, or series you like and watch it on your Android TV.
Sideload Netflix Apk on Android TV
If you can’t find the Netflix app natively on your Android TV, you can sideload the apk file on your TV. While sideloading, ensure that you’ve not sideloaded the Netflix mod apk file. Otherwise, you will end up facing copyright infringement issues.
1. First of all, install Downloader on Android TV from the Google Play Store.
2. On the home screen of Android TV, go to settings and enable the unknown sources setting for Android TV.
Device Preferences > Security & restrictions > Unknown Sources > Downloader > Enable the toggle.
3. Launch the Downloader app and enter the URL for the Netflix Android TV apk.
4. Click on the Go option and download the apk file.
5. After downloading the file, install the app on your TV.
6. After installation, launch the Netflix app and log in with your credentials.
Other Supported Devices
We can use Netflix on a wide variety of devices apart from Android TVs. Also, you can use your single account on more than one device. So, if you have subscribed to the right plan, you can use Netflix on other devices along with your Android TV. Devices that provide Netflix include the following.
- Gaming consoles like Playstation 3, Playstation 4, Playstation 5, Xbox One, and Xbox 360.
- Smartphones and Tablets including both Android and iOS.
- PCs and Laptops.
- Streaming devices including Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku
Related – Not interested in paying money to watch your favorite shows and movies? Install Popcorn Time on Android TV and stream all the titles for free.
Frequently Asked Questions
Sometimes Netflix might not work properly on your TV. Here are a few troubleshooting tips to help you with the same.
1. Restart your Android TV or Box
2. Uninstall Netflix and then re-install it after restarting the TV.
3. Update the Android TV and Netflix app to the latest version.
4. Check if your internet connection has the required speed.
5. Connect to a different Wi-Fi network
6. Clear cache on Netflix.
It is available on different devices including Android TVs. You can get it on TCL Smart TV, Hisense Smart TV, Sharp Smart TV, Sony Smart TV, Skyworth Smart TV, Philips Smart TV, and Mi Smart TV.