Netflix is a well-known streaming platform that has an uncountable number of movies and TV shows. It offers content in different genres like Fantasy, Comedy, Romance, Thriller, Mystery, Teen, and more. Netflix is available in almost all counties around the world and is compatible with Android TV, iOS, Windows, Sony TV, LG TV, and more. In recent times, users are complaining about Netlfix’s blank screen, Netflix being stuck on the loading screen, and more when using Netflix on Sony TV. To solve these Netflix not working issues on Sony Smart TV, you can use the troubleshooting methods mentioned below to fix them.
How to Fix Netflix Not Working on Sony TV
- Restart The Netflix App
- Check Internet Connection
- Check Whether the Netflix Servers Are Working
- Update The Netflix App
- Update Sony Smart TV
- Clear Cache on Netflix App
- Uninstall And Reinstall Netflix App
- Restart Sony Smart TV
- Factory Reset Sony Smart TV
1. Restart The Netflix App
If your Netflix app is not working properly, there might be problems with your app. You can try restarting the app. Just close the Netflix app on your Sony Android TV. Then, open the Netflix app after a while and check if the app is working or not
2. Check Internet Connection
The reason Netflix is not working on your Sony Smart TV might be due to slow internet speed. Check your internet speed by visiting Speedtest by Ookla. There are many reasons for slow internet speed and they are many devices connected to the same WiFi network, problems with the router, and more. You can solve these by bringing your device close to the router, disconnecting devices other than your Sony Smart TV from the WiFi connection, and restarting your router. To restart your router:
1. Unplug the power cord from the power outlet and wait for a few minutes.
2. Plug the power cord back into the outlet and turn on your router.
3. Check if your router is working properly or not.
3. Check Whether the Netflix Servers Are Working
When trying to stream content on Netflix, you need to make sure that Netflix servers are up and running. If there is a problem with your Netflix servers, then you won’t be able to stream movies and TV shows on Netflix until the servers are working properly. You can check whether there is a problem with the Netflix server in your region by visiting the official website or through a third-party website called Downdetector. Normally, problems with the servers can be fixed within a few hours to a few days depending on the issue.
4. Update The Netflix App
If you’re using an outdated Netflix app on your Sony Smart TV, it could be the source of the issue that’s causing your app to stop working properly. You can easily solve this problem by updating the Netflix app on Sony Bravia TV.
1. Turn on your Sony Smart TV and press the Home button.
2. Click on Apps and open Google Play Store.
3. Select the Profile icon and click on Manage Apps.
4. Click on Updates and from the list of available apps choose your Netflix app.
5. Select Update to update your app to the latest version.
You can also update apps on Sony TV using the Auto Update apps feature on the Play Store. Go to Settings > Auto-Update apps > Enable the Auto-Update feature. Once this is enabled, apps will be automatically updated once there is a new version available.
5. Update Sony Smart TV
If the software on your Sony TV is outdated, it can cause a lot of problems. It might even be the cause of your Netflix app not working, so update the Sony Android TV.
1. On your Smart TV home screen, select Settings.
2. Click on Customer Support and select Software Update.
3. Select OK to update the latest firmware on your Sony TV.
6. Clear Cache on Netflix App
If your Netflix app has a large amount of cache data stored in it, the data may become corrupted. To solve this problem, you need to clear all the cache data stored in the app. If you get the Netflix error code 111, clearing the cache will resolve the error code.
1. Launch your Sony Smart TV, and click on Settings on the home screen.
2. Click on the Apps option and select your Netflix app from the list of apps.
3. Select Clear Cache and click on OK to clear all the cache data stored in the app.
7. Uninstall And Reinstall Netflix App
If the Netflix app is not working on Sony Bravia TV because of some issues like sound or video, you can solve it by uninstalling and reinstalling the app. To uninstall the Netflix app on Sony TV,
1. Select Settings and click on Apps.
2. Click on All Apps and select Netflix from the list of apps.
3. Tap on Uninstall to uninstall the app from your TV.
To install the Netflix app on Sony Bravia TV,
1. Go to Play Store and enter Netflix on the search bar.
2. Choose the Netflix app from the search results and click on Install.
3. Once the installation is done, open the Netflix app and check whether the app is working or not.
8. Restart Sony Smart TV
Sometimes, a simple restart might do the trick. Try restarting your Sony Smart TV to solve Netflix not working on your TV. If you encounter the Netflix Error Code 100, restarting the Sony TV will fix the issue.
Using Power Cable
1. Unplug the power cable from the power outlet.
2. Wait for a few minutes and plug the power cable back into the power outlet.
3. Launch your Netflix app and verify whether the app is working or not.
Using Sony TV Remote
1. Press and hold the Power button on your remote.
2. Hold the button for six seconds or until you see the TV logo appears.
3. Now, check if the Netflix app is working properly.
9. Factory Reset Sony Smart TV
After trying out all the above methods and yet the app is not working properly, then you can consider factory resetting your Sony Android TV. This will delete all the app data along with the information stored and restore all the settings to default.
1. On the Sony TV home screen, select Settings.
2. Click on Device Preferences and select Reset.
3. Select Factory Reset and click on Erase Everything.
4. Tap on OK to factory reset your Sony TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Check the internet connection on your Sony Bravia Smart TV. The recommended speed to stream Netflix is 1 Mbps for SD, 3 Mbps for 720p HD, 5 Mbps for 1080p HD, and 15 Mbps for 4K UHD content.
Yes, Netflix works well on both Sony Android TV and Sony Google TV.
As Sony Bravia KLV-40R552C runs on Android TV, you can get the Netflix app from the Play Store.