National Geographic is the most popular channel for documentaries about Nature and Wildlife. Apart from the TV channel, they also have the standalone app Nat Geo TV. The Nat Geo TV app is available for Android TVs and TV Boxes. With the Nat Geo app on your Android TV, you can watch all the videos and series anytime you want. You need to activate the app with your TV provider on your Android TV to access the app for free.
On the app, you can watch channels like Nat Geo East, Nat Geo West, and Nat Geo Wild. You can watch your favorite shows, including Wicked Tuna, Running Wild with Bear Grylls, Alaska Animal Rescue, and Life Below Zero. The Nat Geo app is available only in the US and its territories. If you want to access the app outside the USA, you need to sideload the app.
Nat Geo Available TV Providers
If you have a subscription to any of these below-mentioned TV providers, you can access the Nat Geo TV app for free. If not, you need to buy a subscription from the TV provider.
- AT&T TV
- Sling TV
- YouTube TV
How to Install Nat Geo on Android TV
The Nat Geo app is available in the Google Play Store for download like any other supported app on Android TV. So follow these steps and add the app to your TV and enjoy its content.
1. Press the Home button of the Android TV remote.
2. Select the Apps option from your home screen and choose the Play Store.
3. Choose the Search icon on your screen.
4. Type down and search for the Nat Geo app on your search bar.
5. Pick up the Nat Geo app from the search results.
6. Click on the Install button, and the app starts to download.
You can also install the app on your Android TV using your smartphone. For this, your Android smartphone and Android TV must be signed with the same account.
1. Open the Play Store on your Android smartphone.
2. Search for the Nat Geo app.
3. Click the This Device drop-down button and choose your Android TV.
4. Now, select the Nat Geo TV app from the results.
5. On the next screen, tap the Install button next to your Android TV name.
6. Make sure that your Android TV is connected to the WiFi network. Within a few minutes, the Nat Geo TV app will be installed on your TV.
How to Activate Nat Geo TV on Android TV
1. Launch the Nat Geo app after the download is over.
2. Click on the Account option in the app.
3. Choose the TV Provider option to get the activation code.
4. Now, go to the Nat Geo activation website (https://www.nationalgeographic.com/tv/activate) on your smartphone or PC.
5. Enter the code in the specified box and click the Continue button.
6. Now, sign in with your TV provider to verify the activation.
7. Finally, the Nat Geo app gets activated on your TV. You can watch all the videos.
How to Cast Nat Geo on Android TV
If you don’t like adding Nat Geo on your TV, you have other options to stream, including casting. The Nat Geo app on Android and iOS devices is compatible with Chromecast. Before getting started, ensure that you have the following things ready.
1. Open the Nat Geo app on your smartphone.
2. Sign in with your TV provider subscription and Sign in.
3. Click the Cast icon from the top of the screen.
4. Choose your Chromecast device from the list of available devices.
5. Finally, click on any show from the app and start streaming it on your TV.
How to Watch Nat Geo outside the U.S [Sideloading]
As we said before, Nat Geo is available only in the US at present. It simply means that if you are out of the US, you need to sideload the app on your Android TV. Follow these simple steps to sideload the app on your TV.
Step 1: Installing Downloader on Android TV
Outside the US, Nat Geo is a third-party app when you try to download it. Downloader is an app from the Play Store that will help you add third-party apps to your Android TV. So, let’s start by downloading the Downloader app.
1. Launch the Google Play Store app on your Android TV.
2. Click on the Search icon in the Play Store.
3. Type on the search bar and search for Downloader by AFTV news.
4. Choose the app and select the Install button to get the Downloader app on Android TV.
5. Further, wait till the download is over.
Step 2: Enable Unknown Sources
After adding Downloader, you need to alter some settings to download apps from unknown sources. Follow these simple steps for the same.
1. Launch the Settings menu on your Android TV.
2. Navigate to and select the Security & restrictions option.
3. Further, choose the Unknown Sources option.
4. Finally, choose the Downloader option and enable it using the toggle.
Step 3: Install Nat Geo using Downloader.
Finally, you can add the Nat Geo app on your Android TV using the Downloader app. Now, follow these simple steps to get the app.
1. Initially, launch the Downloader app on your TV.
2. Click on the Allow option if prompted.
3. Now, enter the URL for Nat Geo (https://rb.gy/vo5vvm) in the URL section of the app.
4. Click on the Go option and get the APK file downloaded.
5. Finally, Install Nat Geo on your TV.
Supported Android TVs
Here is a list of Android TVs that support the Nat Geo app.
- Sony Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
Supported Android TV Box
Let’s look at the Android TV Boxes with the Nat Geo app.
- Xiaomi Mi Box S
- AT&T TV
- H96 Android TV Box
- Nvidia Shield TV
Yes, with your Amazon Prime Video subscription on Android TV, you can watch the Nat Geo video content for free.