Sometimes, premium subscriptions of streaming services might not be affordable to you as the price keeps increasing over the course of time. You can try the third-party streaming application like MyFlixer APK on your Android TV to watch the latest content in various genres and categories for free without memberships or sign-ups. As MyFlixer can’t be installed from the Google Play Store, you must sideload the app using the Downloader. If you have any reluctance in installing the app, you can cast the MyFlixer APK content from your smartphone to TV.
How to Sideload MyFlixer APK on Android TV
The MyFlixer APK is yet to be available for Android TV. To use MyFlixer, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of MyFlixer APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the MyFlixer APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Cast MyFlixer APK on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app, you can screen mirror the MyFlixer APK from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Sideload the MyFlixer APK on your Android smartphone and install it.
Note: To install third-party apps on your smartphone, you must enable the Unknown Sources. Go to the Settings → Security → Unknown Sources.
3. After installing, launch the app.
4. Play the video content on the MyFlixer APK.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
MyFlixer APK Features
- MyFlixer doesn’t require a subscription to stream the content.
- Comes with a light interface that lets you search the content with ease.
- It has a built-in media player with advanced playback features.
- Apart from movies and series, you can watch trailers for upcoming movies.
- You can even watch your favorite anime content on My Flixer.
- Shows ratings for movies, series, and TV shows.
- Lets you view reviews and cast of the content.
- Can add the movies to your favorite lists.
Why You Need a VPN for MyFlixer
MyFlixer streams copyright content, which is against the law of most countries worldwide. These third-party applications have chances of tracking your IP address and can end up stealing your data. To keep your data safe and avoid tracking of IP addresses, you can use powerful VPNs like NordVPN and ExpressVPN. Using a VPN masks your IP address and can access the content without geo-restrictions.
MyFlixer APK Alternatives
You can try the below curated alternatives to MyFlixer APK if the app stops working on your smartphone.
Crackle is one of the best alternatives to MyFlixer as it has a huge content library. Moreover, Crackle is a free legal streaming platform and it is compatible with all devices. You can install the Crackle on your Android TV from the Play Store and doesn’t require to sideload. You can stream movies, series, anime, and more in 1080p without a buffer.
Solar Movies is a third-party streaming app, where you can watch movies and series for free without the interruption of ads. The app covers almost all content from worldwide. With Solar Movies on Android TV, you can download the content within the app and watch it offline anytime.
You can try Xumo on your Android TV, as it carries the content of premium channels like ABC, Fox Sports, CBS, and more. This free app lets you watch free stand-up comedy shows, epic fails, classics, and more. In addition, you can stream live TV and on-demand content in high quality.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
- Mecool Android Box
Frequently Asked Questions
MyFlixer APK is unavailable on Google TV. You can download the app on your Google TV with the Downloader support.
No. MyFlixer is unsafe to use. Being a third-party application, it doesn’t ensure safety and privacy.
You can use sideloading apps like Downloader or ES File Explorer to install MyFlixer on Firestick.