My Family Cinema is a streaming application to watch plenty of movies and series. Even though it is the best streaming app for Android TV, My Family Cinema is natively unavailable on the Play Store. However, you can still install it by sideloading its apk file or stream its content on TV using the screen mirroring method directly from your smartphone. As it is a premium service, you need to pay $3.33 as a basic subscription cost.
This article will discuss the instructions for sideloading and screen mirroring the My Family Cinema app to stream its content on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Sideload My Family Cinema Apk on Android TV
As we mentioned earlier, the My Family Cinema app is not available for Android TV. So, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV to stream its content.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Search icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and hit the Install button.
5. Wait a while to download and install the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home screen on Android TV.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Go back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app on your TV.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link for the latest version of My Family Cinema APK: bit.ly/3U5qEdn
13. Click Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. Click Open to launch the app and watch your favorite movies/TV shows on your TV.
How to Cast My Family Cinema on Android TV
If you aren’t interested in sideloading the My Family Cinema APK, you can cast the app from your Android smartphone to your TV. Unfortunately, there is no built-in cast support on this platform, so you need to screen mirror the app using the casting feature of your mobile.
1. Connect Android TV to a WiFi network. On the other hand, connect your smartphone to the same network.
2. Sideload the My Family Cinema app on your Android smartphone from trusted third-party sites.
3. Launch the My Family Cinema app and go through the on-screen prompts.
4. Open the Notification Panel on your Android smartphone and tap the Cast icon.
5. Choose your Android TV. Stream the content on your mobile, and it will appear on your Android TV screen.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Hisense Smart TV
Panasonic Smart TV
Sony Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Mi Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Toshiba Smart TV
JVC Smart TV
DIRECTV STREAM Box
How to Fix Not Working Issues of My Family Cinema on Android TV
Since we’ve installed the My Family Cinema app on Android TV by getting it from third-party sources, you will face many issues with the app while streaming on your TV. In such cases, you need to perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure your Android TV is connected to an internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Reboot your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- If there is a new version available for My Family Cinema, uninstall the current one and sideload the latest version.
- Close and relaunch the My Family Cinema application on your device.
- Update your Android TV firmware.
- Clear the app cache files for the My Family Cinema app.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems, then set up your Smart TV to install the app again.
Alternatives to My Family Cinema
If you feel that My Family Cinema isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can switch over to some other platform to stream the media content. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to My Family Cinema.
Frequently Asked Questions
No. The apk version of My Family Cinema is unavailable on the Play Store of Android TV. So, you can’t directly install it on your TV.
Some of the movies available on My Family Cinema are copyrighted and may not be legal to stream in many regions. So, we aren’t responsible for any streaming issues that arise while using this app.