Are you looking for a free IPTV player to stream the IPTV content with the premium features on your Android TV? If so, MXL IPTV would be the best option to satisfy all your needs. Although the application is not available on the Google Play Store of Android TV, you can install it by sideloading via Downloader or ES File Explorer. The application allows you to load the IPTV content via M3U URL and M3U8 format.
MXL Player also comes up with the premium features like an EPG guide, external player support, a favorites section, and much more. Since you cannot watch the videos in UHD streaming quality, you can stream the videos in HD quality.
How to Sideload MXL TV APK on Android TV
The MXL TV app has been removed from the Play Store of Android TV. To use the MXL TV app, you need to sideload it using the Downloader app.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of MXL TV APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the MXL TV APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Click Open to launch the app and sign in with your IPTV Provider.
11. Start streaming IPTV content on your Android TV.
How to Cast MXL TV App on Android TV
If you don’t want to sideload the app on Android TV, then you can screen mirror the MXL TV app from your Android smartphone.
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
2. Sideload the APK of the IPTV Player on your Android smartphone.
3. Login with your IPTV Provider account.
4. Play the IPTV content from the MXL TV app.
5. Go to the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
6. Choose your Android TV. Now, the video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
No, the MXL TV app is unavailable on the Philips Android TV.
Yes, you can stream any IPTV content on the app free of cost.