MX Player is a two-in-one app. You can use the MX Player app as a video player app and a video streaming platform. With the MX Player app on your Android TV, you can watch more than 2000 originals for free. In the free pack, you will get ads. For ad-free streaming, you have to buy the MX Gold subscription. You can install the MX Player app on your Android TV and Android TV Box from the Google Play Store.
How to Install MX Player on Android TV
1. Go to the Android TV’s home screen.
2. Select the Apps tab and then the Google Play Store.
3. Click on the Search icon on the Play Store.
4. Type down MX Player on the search bar.
5. Choose the MX Player app from the search results.
6. Click on the Install button.
7. Open the MX Player TV app on your Android TV.
8. Click the Start Now button.
9. Now, choose the languages you want to get video content from and click the Apply button. You can also skip this step by tapping the Skip button.
10. Now, you will get the video tiles. On the left pane, you will get all the options like Profile, Home, Movies, TV Shows, Web Series, and more.
11. Click the Search icon to search for a specific video title.
12. In the My Watchlist menu, you can see all the saved video titles.
13. Click the Kids Mode button to remove all the adult content.
14. Click the Settings icon to change the video settings and other customization options.
15. To close the MX Player app, tap the Exit MX Player option.
How to Add MX Player on Android TV in the US
MX Player app is available only in India. In other countries, you have to bypass the geo-restrictions. For that, we need to sideload the app on your Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and launch the Google Play Store.
2. Click on the Search icon to search for the app.
3. Type and search for Downloader by AFTV news in the search bar.
4. Select the Downloader app icon from the app search suggestions.
5. Click on the Install button to download the Downloader app on Android TV.
6. Within a few minutes, the Downloader app will be installed on your TV.
7. Launch the Settings menu and choose the Device Preferences feature.
8. Click on the Security & Restrictions option.
9. Next, click on the Unknown Sources option.
10. Finally, choose the Downloader option and turn on the Unknown Sources toggle.
11. Open the Downloader app on your TV.
12. Further, follow the prompts on your screen and click on the Allow option.
13. Download the AFTVnews Plugin using the URL (browser.aftvnews.com).
14. Then, enter the MX Player Android TV APK URL in the search box.
15. Select the Go option and download the APK file.
16. Then, tap the Install button to get the MX Player app on your TV.
17. Then, launch the MX Player and watch all the video content.
How to Cast MX Player on Android TV
1. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi.
3. Open the MX Player app on your smartphone.
4. Now, play any video from the MX Player app. From the Playback screen, tap the Cast icon.
5. Choose your Android TV.
6. The video content will appear on your Android TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- JVC Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- Mi Box
- H96 Android TV Box
Frequently Asked Question
VLC and MX Player are the best media players for Android TV.
Since Sony Smart TV has an Android OS, you can download the MX Player app from the Play Store.