For anyone who enjoys watching movies on Android TV, MUBI is one of the best suitable apps. MUBI has a collection of movies covering various genres. It includes Adventure, Animation, Action, Biography, Comedy, Drama, Documentary, History, Fantasy, and more. MUBI app is available in over 190 different countries across the world. Apart from being a streaming platform, MUBI acts as a production company and a film distributor. All the movies that MUBI produces can be viewed on the platform. If you enjoy watching movies then, you can add and stream MUBI on your Android TV.
MUBI offers you a new movie every day. Some of the popular titles on MUBI are The Northman, Killers of the Flower Moon, The way of the Wind, Annette, and Gritt. You can download the movies from MUBI and watch them offline on your TV. It is an interesting streaming service with a curated collection of movies to watch on your TV.
You can enjoy the movies on MUBI with a small subscription. The MUBI app costs you $29.99 for three months or $79.99 for a year in total.
MUBI on Android TV
MUBI can be accessed on all Android TVs with its native application in the platform. So, you can have a great time streaming a great collection of creative movies on your TV.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- MI Smart TV
- Panasonic Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Skyworth Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- AT&T TV
- DIRECTV Stream
- Mi Box and Mi Box S
How to Add MUBI on Android TV / Android TV Box
MUBI is one of the best platforms for watching movies and you can access it on your TV. Follow these instructions to add MUBI to your TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and connect to the internet.
2. Click on the Apps tab and open the Google Play Store.
3. Click on the Search icon.
4. Search for the MUBI app.
5. Pick up the MUBI app from your search results.
6. Next, click on the Install button and start downloading the same.
7. When the installation ends, launch the MUBI app.
8. Select a film page and click on the Play icon.
9. Now, you get a 6-digit Activation code on your TV screen.
10. Go to mubi.com/activate using a computer or smartphone browser.
11. Now, you need to click on the Activate button after entering the Activation code.
12. Login with your MUBI account credentials and the app will be activated immediately to display the movie content on your TV.
How to Sideload MUBI Apk on Android TV
MUBI has its app on the Android TV platform. But it is advisable to know the alternate installation method.
- Installing Downloader on Android TV
- Enabling Unknown Sources
- Downloading MUBI using Downloader
Installing Downloader on Android TV
1. Start by turning your Android TV on. Next, connect the Android TV to the internet.
2. Now, click on the Apps tab and open the Google Play Store.
3. Click on the Search icon and type in Downloader.
4. Choose the Downloader icon from the app suggestions and click on the Install button.
5. Wait for a few minutes so that MUBI completes installing on your TV.
Enabling the Unknown Sources
After installing Downloader, you have to make the settings on your TV in favor of it. So that you can install the MUBI app from a third-party source.
1. Open the Settings of your Android TV from its home screen.
2. Following that, go to Device preferences and click on the Security & Restrictions option.
3. From the menu, click on the Unknown Sources option.
4. Also, select the Downloader option and enable it using the toggle.
Installing MUBI on Android TV using Downloader
1. Launch the Downloader app on your Android TV.
2. Once the prompt appears on your screen, click on the Allow option.
3. Type in the MUBI Android TV apk url.
4. Start downloading the MUBI apk by clicking on the Go option.
5. Next, install the MUBI apk on your TV and wait for it to complete.
7. Launch the MUBI app and Sign in to your account.
8. Now, you can enjoy streaming MUBI on your TV.
How to Cast MUBI on Android TV
The MUBI app is on both Android and iOS devices. So, you can enjoy watching MUBI on your TV just by casting.
1. Connect your Android TV and Android/iOS device to the same Wi-Fi network.
3. Once you have installed the app, launch it and complete the Sign-in process.
4. Click the Cast icon located on the top right corner of the screen.
5. From the list of available devices to cast with, choose your Android TV.
6. Within a few seconds, the app logo will appear on your TV.
7. Finally, start playing your favorite titles and watch them on your TV.
Other Supported Devices
Anyone who has one or more of the following devices can easily access the MUBI application in them.
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV
- LG Smart TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Android phone
- Web browsers like Safari, Chrome, Firefox, and Edge
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, MUBI has its app available on Android TV, Amazon Fire TV, LG Smart TVs, and Samsung Smart TVs.
No. MUBI is based on subscription plans that you need to pay for. MUBI costs you $29.99 for three months or $79.99 for a year.
Yes. You can access the MUBI app on your Android TV, LG Smart TV, and a Samsung Smart TV.