MUBI is a well-known streaming service that offers an organized collection of international and independent films. You can install the MUBI application from the Google Play Store on your Android TV. If you can’t find the MUBI application on the Play Store, sideload the MUBI APK on Android TV using APK installer apps.
MUBI mainly focuses on art film classics and indie movies from all over the world. You can also watch some rare international releases you can’t find on mainstream streaming services. Besides, it has content from various genres like Animation, Action, Drama, History, and much more. With the MUBI app, you can also watch your favorite content offline by downloading it.
In this article, we have covered the steps to install the MUBI application on your Android TV. If you have limited storage on your Android TV, you can cast the MUBI content from your Smartphone to your TV. Further, we have mentioned some of the fixes for the MUBI if it fails to work on Android TV.
Table of Contents
How to Install MUBI on Android TV from the Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open the Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter MUBI in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select the MUBI app from the suggested results.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate MUBI on Android TV
After the installation process, you need to activate the MUBI platform on your TV.
1. Open the MUBI on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the Login button to get the code.
3. Now, go to the MUBI’s activation website (https://mubi.com/en/tv/activate) on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the code and click the Activate button.
5. After that, complete the sign-in process using the required credentials.
6. Now, the MUBI app will be activated, and you can access various international content.
How to Sideload MUBI APK on Android TV
If you can’t find the MUBI app on the Play Store of Android TV. Then, you need to sideload its APK file with the help of Downloader on Android TV.
1. Turn on your Android TV and head to the Apps section.
2. Locate the Google Play Store and launch it.
3. Click the Find icon and type Downloader in the required field.
4. Locate the Downloader app developed by AFTVnews and tap the Install button.
5. Wait for a while to get the Downloader app on your device.
6. Once the Downloader app is installed successfully, press the home button on your remote.
7. Now, navigate to the Settings icon from the home page.
8. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
9. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
10. Navigate back to the home screen and launch the Downloader app.
11. Accept the storage and other permissions asked by the app.
12. Choose Home from the left pane, and type the below-mentioned URL in the required field.
Download link of MUBI APK latest version: https://bit.ly/3FcnCvz
13. Select Go to download the APK file on your Android TV.
14. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
15. After downloading, return to the homepage and navigate to the Apps section.
16. Then, launch the MUBI app and sign in to watch all your favorite movies.
How to Watch MUBI Using Browser
MUBI has a dedicated webpage that includes an extensive media library with various movies, series & TV shows. As the simplest way, you can access the MUBI platform on your TV through its web version. For that, you have to use any of the best web browsers on your Android TV.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL (mubi.com) in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The website’s home screen will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Login button and enter your credentials.
5. Now, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast MUBI on Android TV
The MUBI application has built-in Cast support. With that, you can easily cast the MUBI app from your smartphone to Android TV.
1. Install the MUBI from the Google Play Store.
2. Connect Android TV to a WiFi. Then, connect your phone to the same WiFi.
3. Open the MUBI on your smartphone and log in to your account.
4. Play the content you want and click the Cast icon on the app
5. Choose your Android TV from the list of available devices.
6. Now, you can stream your desired movies on your TV.
Supported Android TVs and Boxes
|Smart TV Boxes
|Sony Smart TV
TCL Smart TV
OnePlus Smart TV
Sharp Smart TV
Vu Smart TV
Philips Smart TV
Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
Hisense Smart TV
|Nvidia Shield TV
MXQ Pro 4K
Mi Box 4K
MUBI Not Working on Android TV: How to Fix
If the MUBI app is not working properly on your Android TV and exhibits issues like black screen, freezing, or buffering, you must perform the troubleshooting fixes listed below to resolve those problems.
- Ensure that your Android TV is connected to a stable internet.
- Restart your Android TV to resolve the temporary bugs associated with the device and app.
- Clear the cache files of the MUBI application.
- Update your Android TV firmware and the app to the latest version.
- Close and relaunch the MUBI application on your device.
- Reset your Android TV to solve the major problems for both the device and the app.
- As a last solution, contact MUBI’s customer support (mubi.com/en/contact) for more clarification.
If you feel that MUBI isn’t for you or if you are unsatisfied with the service it provides, you can go for an alternative platform to stream a wide range of films. Here are the best options you can choose as an alternative solution to MUBI.
No, MUBI is a subscription-based streaming service. But you can get a free trial of 7 days.
There are two monthly subscriptions available for the MUBI, They are MUBI ($12.99/month) and MUBO GO ($17.99/month)