MTV is a popular American TV channel that allows you to stream news, latest TV shows, series, music, and much more. By downloading the app on your Android TV, you can stream your desired content with premium streaming quality. It also allows you to choose your content with various genres. The application is completely free to use with an active TV provider subscription. You can download the MTV app on your Android TV directly from the Google Play Store. Moreover, you can also stream the content of MTV directly from the browser on your TV.
How to Install MTV on Android TV from Play Store
1. Go to the home screen on your Android TV and click on Apps.
2. Open Google Play Store and click the Search icon.
3. Enter MTV in the search bar and locate the app.
4. Select MTV from the suggested result.
5. Click Install to get the app on your Android TV.
6. Once the app is installed, click Open to launch the app.
How to Activate MTV on Android TV
1. Open the MTV app on your Android TV.
2. You will get the activation code. If you are not getting the code, click the Login button to get the code.
3. Now, go to the activation website of MTV [https://www.mtv.com/activate] on your smartphone or PC.
4. Enter the code and click the Continue button on the website.
5. After that, sign in with your TV Provider to complete the activation.
6. Now, the MTV app will be activated on your Android TV. You can access all the content.
How to Sideload MTV on Android TV
If you can’t download the app from the Google Play Store, you can sideload the app via Downloader or ES File Explorer.
1. Install the Downloader app on your Android TV from the Play Store.
2. Click the Settings icon on your Android TV.
3. From the options, go to Device Preferences → Security & Restrictions.
4. Click Unknown Sources → Turn on the Downloader toggle.
5. Now, open the Downloader app on Android TV from the home screen.
6. Tap Allow to accept the storage permissions.
7. Choose Home from the left pane, and enter the download link of MTV APK in the URL field.
8. Click Go to download the MTV APK on your Android TV.
9. Once the file is downloaded, open it and click Install.
10. Then, click Open to launch the app and watch the content.
How to Watch MTV Using a Browser
In the Play Store, there are quite a number of web browsers available for Android TV. You can use any of those web browsers on your Android TV to access the MTV app.
1. Open a web browser on your Android TV.
2. Enter the URL [https://www.mtv.com] in the address bar and go to that website.
3. The home screen of the MTV website will appear on the TV screen.
4. Click the Sign In With your TV Provider button and enter your credentials.
5. Then, you can access your favorite content on your Android TV.
How to Cast MTV on Android TV
The MTV app is compatible with built-in Cast support. You can easily cast the MTV app from your smartphone to Android TV.
2. Connect your smartphone and Android TV to the same WiFi network.
3. Open the MTV app on your smartphone and log in with your account.
4. Click the Cast icon from the app.
5. From the list of devices, choose your Android TV.
6. Play the video content on the app. Now, the content will appear on your Android TV.
Key Features of MTV
- The app offers live TV shows and music content for streaming.
- It also supports live TV, TV shows, and others from Paramount and Pluto TV services.
- The app comes with Chromecast support to stream its content on bigger screens.
- It supports Closed captioning for most of the content.
- The MTV app is compatible with streaming devices like Android, iOS, Roku, and many more.
Supported Android TVs
- Sony Smart TV
- TCL Smart TV
- OnePlus Smart TV
- Sharp Smart TV
- Vu Smart TV
- Philips Smart TV
- Xiaomi Mi Smart TV
- Hisense Smart TV
Supported Android TV Boxes
- Nvidia Shield TV
- Airtel Xstream
- MXQ Pro 4K
- Mi Box 4K
Yes, the MTV app is available for download on Philips Android TV devices.
Yes, the MTV app is available on Google TV devices for streaming.